I tried to take my personal experiences and elevate them to universal experiences, so that I wasn't writing songs about living on a tour bus or being on a TV set for the first time.
Kate Voegele
I don't have any training as an actor, but I guess I'm an intense pretender. When you read something over and over, it gets into you a little bit. You can't help but begin to feel it, even if you're a healthy person as I think I am.
John Hawkes
Organizations that empower folks further down the chain or try to get rid of the big hierarchal chains and allow decision making to happen on a more local level end up being more adaptive and resilient because there are more minds involved in the problem.
Steven Johnson
A novelist should not be too intelligent either, although... he may be permitted to be an intellectual.
Anthony Burgess
There's an awareness of fashion in this country, and it's not limited to gay people.
Calvin Klein
These days cry out, as never before, for us to pay attention, so we can move through them and get our joy and pride back.
Anne Lamott
For me, the peculiar qualities of faith are a logical outcome of this level of biological organization.
E. O. Wilson
Good actresses can often accomplish miracles, and it is possible to be someone you've never been or will be. But in a sitcom, there's no time.
Patricia Richardson
I wouldn't even begin to presume that the talent of an able actor is anything like the talents of a prodigious musician.
Juliet Stevenson
Stardom is only a by-product of acting. I don't think being a movie star is a good enough reason for existing.
Natalie Wood
Kate Voegele
I don't have any training as an actor, but I guess I'm an intense pretender. When you read something over and over, it gets into you a little bit. You can't help but begin to feel it, even if you're a healthy person as I think I am.
John Hawkes
Organizations that empower folks further down the chain or try to get rid of the big hierarchal chains and allow decision making to happen on a more local level end up being more adaptive and resilient because there are more minds involved in the problem.
Steven Johnson
A novelist should not be too intelligent either, although... he may be permitted to be an intellectual.
Anthony Burgess
There's an awareness of fashion in this country, and it's not limited to gay people.
Calvin Klein
These days cry out, as never before, for us to pay attention, so we can move through them and get our joy and pride back.
Anne Lamott
For me, the peculiar qualities of faith are a logical outcome of this level of biological organization.
E. O. Wilson
Good actresses can often accomplish miracles, and it is possible to be someone you've never been or will be. But in a sitcom, there's no time.
Patricia Richardson
I wouldn't even begin to presume that the talent of an able actor is anything like the talents of a prodigious musician.
Juliet Stevenson
Stardom is only a by-product of acting. I don't think being a movie star is a good enough reason for existing.
Natalie Wood