We don't celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense, in that we do not actually celebrate Christmas.
Eden Sher
Boredom is a fearsome prospect. There's a limit to the number of cars and microwaves you can buy. What do you do then?
J. G. Ballard
England was always very special. It was so important because the reason Benny and I started writing was the Beatles. During the Sixties, England was everything. To be number one in England was more important than being number one in America because England set the tone.
Bjorn Ulvaeus
Higher education should be based on quality, not quantity; receive merit-based funding; and be free of unnecessary bureaucracy. Not the least of the benefits of educational reform is to foster the pride of achievement at national and international levels.
Ahmed Zewail
I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth; I came from really humble beginnings - the projects of New York City - and I worked my way to get to where I am.
Adrienne Bailon
My father paid for my education; then he made it clear that I was on my own.
Alain de Botton
Things develop in front of my camera, and then I will try to do the best out of it. I am close, but in most of the scenes, I am trying not to be seen. I think that's the trick. I think it starts in your heart, goes to the head, and the head puts it into the finger.
Anja Niedringhaus
Instead of going to the ends of the Earth - and plumbing the depths of the oceans - to squeeze out every last drop of oil, we need, instead, to do everything we can to reduce the risks of offshore oil and gas production.
Frances Beinecke
We're taught as a society what is acceptable for women to look like and what's not. And where fat should be and shouldn't. And I think it's important to sometimes reprogram ourselves and recondition ourselves to not have so much negativity toward our own bodies.
Kether Donohue
When I first came to New York City in 1967, I joined up with Richard Schechner's Performance Group - where we worked in the Performing Garage in SoHo.
Spalding Gray
We need to remind ourselves that our ultimate goal is not to reduce greenhouse gases or global warming per se but to improve the quality of life and the environment. We all want to leave the planet in decent shape for our kids. Radically reducing greenhouse gas emissions is not necessarily the best way to achieve that.
Thomas P.M. Barnett
Eden Sher
Boredom is a fearsome prospect. There's a limit to the number of cars and microwaves you can buy. What do you do then?
J. G. Ballard
England was always very special. It was so important because the reason Benny and I started writing was the Beatles. During the Sixties, England was everything. To be number one in England was more important than being number one in America because England set the tone.
Bjorn Ulvaeus
Higher education should be based on quality, not quantity; receive merit-based funding; and be free of unnecessary bureaucracy. Not the least of the benefits of educational reform is to foster the pride of achievement at national and international levels.
Ahmed Zewail
I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth; I came from really humble beginnings - the projects of New York City - and I worked my way to get to where I am.
Adrienne Bailon
My father paid for my education; then he made it clear that I was on my own.
Alain de Botton
Things develop in front of my camera, and then I will try to do the best out of it. I am close, but in most of the scenes, I am trying not to be seen. I think that's the trick. I think it starts in your heart, goes to the head, and the head puts it into the finger.
Anja Niedringhaus
Instead of going to the ends of the Earth - and plumbing the depths of the oceans - to squeeze out every last drop of oil, we need, instead, to do everything we can to reduce the risks of offshore oil and gas production.
Frances Beinecke
We're taught as a society what is acceptable for women to look like and what's not. And where fat should be and shouldn't. And I think it's important to sometimes reprogram ourselves and recondition ourselves to not have so much negativity toward our own bodies.
Kether Donohue
When I first came to New York City in 1967, I joined up with Richard Schechner's Performance Group - where we worked in the Performing Garage in SoHo.
Spalding Gray
We need to remind ourselves that our ultimate goal is not to reduce greenhouse gases or global warming per se but to improve the quality of life and the environment. We all want to leave the planet in decent shape for our kids. Radically reducing greenhouse gas emissions is not necessarily the best way to achieve that.
Thomas P.M. Barnett