sort of Buddhist. But the essential thing is to put oneself in a frame of mind which is close to that of prayer.
Henri Matisse
In the old days, when you took out a mortgage, it was probably through a local bank or a credit union, and whoever gave you your loan held on to it for life. If you lost your job or got too sick to work and suddenly had trouble making your payments, you could call a human being and work things out.
Matt Taibbi
I'm not a career filmmaker. I just like to do things that I still kind of believe in and because of that you just never know what's going to happen next. It doesn't matter if it's been a good year or a bad year: next year, there's no telling what it will be like.
Peter Mullan
I've said this forever - I've always believed the Today show is more than the sum of its parts.
Jeff Zucker
Normally I'm really lucky because I can go down to my local shops and no one cares. I take the Tube and the bus so it's kind of the perfect balance.
MyAnna Buring
Whenever you feel down, you can check on Twitter and feel better about yourself, because it's only people who like you.
Candice Swanepoel
The real peril of war lies not in military defeat. It lies in war itself, whether we win or lose.
John T. Flynn
Writing long hand is the last refuge. One needs the time it takes to put pencil to paper and let it run along the ruled line.
Antonio Damasio
I like my parents but they are just not good parents. They are nice enough people. I'm not interested in hurting their feelings.
Adam Carolla
But if I were to say who influenced me most, then I'd say Franz Kafka. And his works were always anchored in the Central European region.
Vaclav Havel
Henri Matisse
In the old days, when you took out a mortgage, it was probably through a local bank or a credit union, and whoever gave you your loan held on to it for life. If you lost your job or got too sick to work and suddenly had trouble making your payments, you could call a human being and work things out.
Matt Taibbi
I'm not a career filmmaker. I just like to do things that I still kind of believe in and because of that you just never know what's going to happen next. It doesn't matter if it's been a good year or a bad year: next year, there's no telling what it will be like.
Peter Mullan
I've said this forever - I've always believed the Today show is more than the sum of its parts.
Jeff Zucker
Normally I'm really lucky because I can go down to my local shops and no one cares. I take the Tube and the bus so it's kind of the perfect balance.
MyAnna Buring
Whenever you feel down, you can check on Twitter and feel better about yourself, because it's only people who like you.
Candice Swanepoel
The real peril of war lies not in military defeat. It lies in war itself, whether we win or lose.
John T. Flynn
Writing long hand is the last refuge. One needs the time it takes to put pencil to paper and let it run along the ruled line.
Antonio Damasio
I like my parents but they are just not good parents. They are nice enough people. I'm not interested in hurting their feelings.
Adam Carolla
But if I were to say who influenced me most, then I'd say Franz Kafka. And his works were always anchored in the Central European region.
Vaclav Havel