musicians because it shows in this trendy business how long a career can last. It shows how you can soar back, regardless of age.
Clive Davis
I once did an event with Ian Rankin where he said he didn't really need to do much background research because his books are set in the present, and I just thought: 'You lucky, lucky beast!' because as a historical novelist, I live constantly on the edge of wondering whether tissues had been invented.
Sara Sheridan
It's kind of selfish to say that you're only going to fight for a victory that you will live to see.
Ta-Nehisi Coates
Those parts of history that would undermine the vision of the Left - which prevails in our education system from elementary school to postgraduate study - are not likely to get much attention.
Thomas Sowell
Each song is a small universe to me. Each song has a story of its own. Each has a full life to express in order to be complete, so it often happens that the building to a big crescendo feels right in the recording or writing process.
Damien Rice
I tried to get a job as a TV cameraman and they basically told me, 'You're mad, everyone wants these jobs - and if you go to England, you're doubly mad.' But I worked in abattoirs for 10 months to earn my money, then left for London. I didn't even know what a director did.
Martin Campbell
My parents never raised their hand or fired me. Their way of disciplining me was to tell me what is right or wrong.
Deepika Padukone
I think, reading the Grimm's fairy tales, they all have some sort of moral component to them, teaching you a lesson.
Claire Coffee
The aspect of kind of living in your imagination and creating a more romantic vision of the world than the reality that you're given - that's definitely something I can sort of relate to.
Alden Ehrenreich
I loved reading Grimm's fairy tales and Hans Christian Andersen, and I loved to dream about other worlds and other lives. Maybe that has something to do with having an incomplete family, being an only child. All I know is I loved to pretend, and all that was in tandem with my wanting to be an actress.
Lauren Bacall
You only get so much time to do something that you enjoy or love to do. If you can continue doing it, you might as well, because I don't want to live in regret. I don't want to be the person sitting behind a desk, wondering, 'Did I do it right, did I finish it off, did I really give it my all?'
Troy Dumais
Clive Davis
I once did an event with Ian Rankin where he said he didn't really need to do much background research because his books are set in the present, and I just thought: 'You lucky, lucky beast!' because as a historical novelist, I live constantly on the edge of wondering whether tissues had been invented.
Sara Sheridan
It's kind of selfish to say that you're only going to fight for a victory that you will live to see.
Ta-Nehisi Coates
Those parts of history that would undermine the vision of the Left - which prevails in our education system from elementary school to postgraduate study - are not likely to get much attention.
Thomas Sowell
Each song is a small universe to me. Each song has a story of its own. Each has a full life to express in order to be complete, so it often happens that the building to a big crescendo feels right in the recording or writing process.
Damien Rice
I tried to get a job as a TV cameraman and they basically told me, 'You're mad, everyone wants these jobs - and if you go to England, you're doubly mad.' But I worked in abattoirs for 10 months to earn my money, then left for London. I didn't even know what a director did.
Martin Campbell
My parents never raised their hand or fired me. Their way of disciplining me was to tell me what is right or wrong.
Deepika Padukone
I think, reading the Grimm's fairy tales, they all have some sort of moral component to them, teaching you a lesson.
Claire Coffee
The aspect of kind of living in your imagination and creating a more romantic vision of the world than the reality that you're given - that's definitely something I can sort of relate to.
Alden Ehrenreich
I loved reading Grimm's fairy tales and Hans Christian Andersen, and I loved to dream about other worlds and other lives. Maybe that has something to do with having an incomplete family, being an only child. All I know is I loved to pretend, and all that was in tandem with my wanting to be an actress.
Lauren Bacall
You only get so much time to do something that you enjoy or love to do. If you can continue doing it, you might as well, because I don't want to live in regret. I don't want to be the person sitting behind a desk, wondering, 'Did I do it right, did I finish it off, did I really give it my all?'
Troy Dumais