Skip to main content

I love cooking. I like to make lasagna - it's authentic Italian-style. I also do

a great chicken recipe for a barbecue.
Sullivan Stapleton

It's funny, people don't think of 'Cloverfield' as being restrained because it's a handycam movie, but the only reason it's a handycam movie is because that was supposed to be the reality of the situation.
Matt Reeves

It is in middles that extremes clash, where ambiguity restlessly rules.
John Updike

I was kind of raised with the suggestion that I had a duty to do; that life was real, life was earnest. And I hated that, actually. I needed to be liberated, to be told that I could live the life that I wanted to live; that I didn't need a job, or to be shouted at; that I could be myself; that I could be happy.
Paul Theroux

Eating outdoors is a particular passion - that is, eating trestle-table a la nicoise.
Mary Quant

'On the Twentieth Century' was always something I wanted to do because of Kristin Chenoweth.
Scott Ellis

The public library my parents took me to in Fort Worth had the children's section next to the SF/F section, so I was reading adult SF/F at a very young age.
Martha Wells

My doctor told me I shouldn't work out until I'm in better shape. I told him, 'All right; don't send me a bill until I pay you.'
Steven Wright

History is present in all my novels. And whether I am directly talking about the sociological moment or just immersing my character in the environment, I am very aware of it.
Paul Auster

For 'Power of 10,' you can look at the methodology at CBS.com, it's a company called Rasmussen Reports. We poll thousands and thousands of people for each question, a real cross section of the United States.
Drew Carey

Gemeoss