Skip to main content

And I tell you, having girls has made me a much better man. I have

friends who are fathers, but they only have boys, and they have the same attitude toward women they always had, you know? And I don't play that... My girls, you mess with them? I will bury you underground.
Mark Wahlberg

The decision of such judges as Claudius and his Senate is worth very little in the question of a man's innocence or guilt; but the sentence was that Seneca should be banished to the island of Corsica.
Frederic William Farrar

Still, there may be technologies that are very useful in identifying people over the age of 18 because they have all kinds of identifying characteristics, while those same tech may be useless for 12- and 13-year-olds.
Richard Blumenthal

I am State Senator Russell Pearce, the author of SB1070, which was signed by Governor Jan Brewer. Fear mongering and misinformation is the tool of the Left against this common sense legislation.
Russell Pearce

In order to spur economic growth we need to put the brakes on out of control spending, lower Ohioans tax burden and create a most efficient and effective government.
Kenneth Blackwell

I have a Keurig coffee maker, which is really kind of a luxury. It was given to me by an ex. I realized when I'm feeling sentimental, I'll gently, tenderly press the button. Then when I remember he dumped me, I punch it.
Mo Rocca

If Nirvana had remained a small, underground punk rock band, Kurt Cobain would still be alive. And he'd probably be living in Seattle, getting kind of fat and balding, be relatively happy and producing records for other people.
Moby

If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first.
Mark Twain

I'm talking about science on the leading edge, where it's not clear which way things are going be cause we don't know, and I'm dealing with areas which we don't know about.
Rupert Sheldrake

Gemeoss

Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts

me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness. Helen Keller For me, unemployment and poverty in the Greater Montreal area is not mainly a problem of structure, or design, or statistics. It is a profoundly human situation. Kim Campbell Nature makes woman to be won and men to win. George William Curtis I'm pretty catholic about what constitutes science fiction. Frederik Pohl Paradise is exactly like where you are right now... only much, much better. Laurie Anderson

The Marines in Korea never feared 'friendly fire' or artillery coming from the South Koreans

- from their allies - like they did later in Vietnam, fighting with the South Vietnamese. The Koreans could be trusted. David Douglas Duncan Diversifying our tech talent pool is an imperative for the tech sector. More diverse engineers and entrepreneurs will bring about a new type of innovation that Silicon Valley has yet to see. Mitch Kapor I'm not harmful, just introspective. You can probably think I'm weird, but it's not harmful weird. Henry Rollins They say Einstein died while he was still trying to figure out gravity. I think I'm going to die still trying to figure out some of the things about Blink. Tom DeLonge My mother reads tarot cards, actually, but I won't let her read mine. Sam Taylor-Johnson The 'Carousel' overture has always been one of my all-time favorite pieces of music. Kelli O'Hara I try to have the motto of living life with no regrets. Matt Flynn I general don't color my stuff - I'm pretty horrible with co...

I don't know the accident of still being married. I was the worst human being.

But we were, I guess, in love. So much has happened to us to bring us together and keep us together. Shelley Berman My first time overseas was taking 10,000 tons of beer to Vietnam. John F. Kelly In the beginning, I was riddled with major complexes about my looks. Even now, here and there, these complexes crop up. But as the days progressed, I learnt to handle them much better. Dhanush A lot of times, I don't want to listen to my stuff, because I'm thinking maybe I didn't do my best. Darius Rucker I don't feel that I'm particularly political. I'm interested in politics; I'll express my view if I feel strongly about something, but humanitarian issues, I think, are slightly different. Gary Lineker I was never drawn just into fashion. I was drawn into it because I am really interested in serving women and providing women with solutions, trying to figure out what we need and why we need that and why we wear stuff, how it makes us feel. That was al...

It was impossible for me to believe that conditions in Europe could be worse than

they were in the Polish section of Chicago, and in many Italian and Irish tenements, or that any workshops could be worse than some of those I had seen in our foreign quarters. Alice Hamilton What is sad for women of my generation is that they weren't supposed to work if they had families. What were they going to do when the children are grown - watch the raindrops coming down the window pane? Jackie Kennedy In order for the artist to have a world to express he must first be situated in this world, oppressed or oppressing, resigned or rebellious, a man among men. Charles Baudelaire In matters of commerce the fault of the Dutch Is offering too little and asking too much. The French are with equal advantage content, So we clap on Dutch bottoms just twenty per cent. George Canning Money is only useful when you get rid of it. It is like the odd card in 'Old Maid'; the player who is finally left with it has lost. Evelyn Waugh Life is ten percent what happens to yo...

You can give men food and leisure and amusements and good conditions of work, and

still they will remain unsatisfied. You can deny them all these things, and they will not complain so long as they feel that they have something to die for. Christopher Dawson Apart from that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play? Tom Lehrer This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes. Hannah Arendt I will fight for my children on any level so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties. Princess Diana Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof. Richard Bach

Is the minor convenience of allowing the present generation the luxury of doubling

its energy consumption every 10 years worth the major hazard of exposing the next 20,000 generations to this lethal waste? David R. Brower The democracy process provides for political and social change without violence. Aung San Suu Kyi The difference between an author and a horse is that the horse doesn't understand the horse dealer's language. Max Frisch When widows exclaim loudly against second marriages, I would always lay a wager than the man, If not the wedding day, is absolutely fixed on. Henry Fielding Men still have to be governed by deception. Georg C. Lichtenberg

Red Carpet Enterprise has been really well received since one guy can install

it in about an hour, and it makes it trivial to deal with software management issues like deploying updates and creating standard package sets for your various machines. Nat Friedman Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps. William Blake Morality is a test of our conformity rather than our integrity. Jane Rule We should be as careful of the books we read, as of the company we keep. The dead very often have more power than the living. Tryon Edwards Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Slavery, racism, sexism, and other forms of bigotry, subordination, and human rights abuse transform and

adapt with the times. John Prendergast The United States came out of the 1990s, if anything, in an even greater position of hegemony and preeminence than it was at the beginning of the 1990s. John Lewis Gaddis People say, 'Oh, God, how devastating to go through a divorce.' Did I wish for this to happen to my family? No. But everyone is healthy; we're moving on with our lives. Heidi Klum Although there's an inherent light-heartedness to 'Sherlock,' I slightly err towards not doing the comedy. Martin Freeman Becoming a parent expands you as a human being. I am having the most wonderful time. You've married, but the addition of a child strengthens and deepens everything. Kyle MacLachlan When I was immobilized by fear, I might have a panic attack. I've had a couple of panic attacks in my life. Gail Sheehy The ratings board is completely different when it comes to film versus the television arena. Lee Daniels I'm a good eater and like...

The two sensibilities, the visual and the verbal, have always been linked for me -

in fact, while reading a particularly evocative passage, I will imagine what the photograph I'd take of that scene would look like, even with burning and dodging notes. Maybe everyone does this. Sally Mann Hip-hop is the people. What the people are moving toward is what hip-hop is. I think people are moving toward a freer way of thinking. Openness. Erykah Badu I can't work in an environment where it's a stiff hierarchy; that's not my kind of way. Steven Rodney McQueen Tapas is a celebration of life. Jose Andres Everything I've written is based on something that has happened to me or something that I know a great deal about. Peter Benchley It was great being brought up in a Glasgow working-class tenement. It wasn't miserable, and it wasn't poverty stricken. It felt very safe, full of delights. Peter Capaldi The full thing is God-given. I don't know how I got my swing or what I did. I know I worked every single day. I know I did as much a...

Ancient eschatological texts are actually maps of the inner territories of the psyche that seem

to transcend race and culture and originate in the collective unconscious. Stanislav Grof If the blood humor is too strong and robust, calm it with balance and harmony. Xun Kuang I like a man who looks like a bad boy but knows how to treat a woman like a queen. Candice Swanepoel New Orleans may well have been the most liberal Deep South city in 1954 because of its large Creole population, the influence of the French, and its cosmopolitan atmosphere. Constance Baker Motley I have a little gypsy palace here in New York. It's all mirrors, and I have my own garden. It's so secluded - the closest thing to a caravan I could find! Neon Hitch Each new generation born is in effect an invasion of civilization by little barbarians, who must be civilized before it is too late. Thomas Sowell Grief is exhausting. Ciaran Hinds I've been keeping diaries for 27 years. David Sedaris I've succeeded at everything except my life. Serge Gainsbourg