Skip to main content

Children have to have access to books, and a lot of children can't go to

a store and buy a book. We need not only our public libraries to be funded properly and staffed properly, but our school libraries. Many children can't get to a public library, and the only library they have is a school library.
Katherine Paterson

In history as in human life, regret does not bring back a lost moment and a thousand years will not recover something lost in a single hour.
Stefan Zweig

I think girls like vampires because they are mysterious and they really don't know what they are about. I think a lot of girls are attracted to that.
Josh Hutcherson

Branding experts believe that just because they have rethought a company's image or name, the rest of us will automatically fall in line.
Graydon Carter

My father comes from a generation of film that actors my age don't even know about, which is really sad.
Amber Tamblyn

The EU should be concentrated on adapting to globalisation and global competitiveness, not building more powerful centralised institutions in Brussels.
William Hague

We all have those things that even in the midst of stress and disarray, they energize us and give us renewed strength and purpose. These are our passions.
Adam Braun

To be a striker you need to be in good shape.
Pele

I love my dad so much. I don't have that cool thing where I have dad issues.
Max Winkler

Maybe the coolest people are the ones who don't care about being cool.
Steve Carell

Gemeoss

My cousin was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy, and it's just a really tragic disease, and

as of yet there is no cure, so I feel I want to get it as much publicity to do it as I can. Nick Robinson Ever since the Meiji restoration in 1868, Japan has turned its back on Asia in general and China in particular: its pattern of aggression from 1895 onwards and the colonies that resulted were among the consequences. Martin Jacques When you read reviews on Yelp, you get a good sense of what's going to happen when you walk in the door of that business. The challenge is that there are fifteen million businesses in the U.S., and its very hard to communicate with all of them about how Yelp works, and why it works the way it does. Jeremy Stoppelman I go to assume a task more difficult than that which devolved upon Washington. Unless the great God, who assisted him, shall be with me and aid me, I must fail; but if the same omniscient mind and almighty arm that directed and protected him shall guide and support me, I shall not fail - I shall succeed. Abraham Lincoln What I

I've always believed certain things: You treat everybody nicely because, more than anything, it's the

right thing to do. And then you also never know when someone will be in position to help you or hurt you. I know I've gotten help from a lot of people who said good things about me because I treated them well. Jerry Reinsdorf Anti-New Deal rhetoric has never disappeared from American political life. Adam Cohen In all my years of baseball, I have always expected to be traded. I never liked the idea. Jackie Robinson To me, 'sexy' is a kind of beauty, a kind of self-expression, one that is to be celebrated. Emily Ratajkowski I thought I'd be doing weird, Off Broadway theater after I graduated. Laura Harrier I'm the classic case of a great player on a bad team, and it stinks. Paul Pierce I'm not a dreamer for, you know, 'I want to go to the moon someday.' I accomplished something when I was young, which was much more than I expected to. My results were much bigger than I ever dreamed about it. Nadia Comaneci The PKK is the number one thr

I want my little corner of the world where I get to make games where

you're not trying to win or lose; you're not trying to get a higher score - you are having unbelievable amounts of fun as you learn about yourself and the world. That's what games can do! Warren Spector If I wake up in the middle of the night and have an idea, I want to go to my computer and be able to do it. So I hired someone at Guitar Center to come over to my house and teach me Logic music program, and I learned it over a couple months. Rachel Platten To do this job, you really have to love what you're doing. Edward Kitsis I don't get recognised until I'm on stage, and then I can walk off and forget about it. It's great. Rick Astley Whatever age you think I am, you're probably right. Vanessa Ray I love coming of age stories that have struggle. Aaron Paul In an era of global value chains, worldwide sourcing and the never-ending search for new markets, we must be careful to avoid the proliferation of regional standards. A multilateral

You have to understand: the narrative that people have about business and capitalism is that

they are fundamentally selfish, greedy, and exploitative. Of course, I don't agree with that narrative. John Mackey Sometimes, you just have to clear your head and get out to see other things. It is very important to be nourished. I love to go to museums and galleries, I like to see theatre, film, dance - anything creative. It doesn't promise you inspiration, but it nourishes your creative soul, and that's good. Marc Jacobs When I was growing up, I don't remember being told that America was created so that everyone could get rich. I remember being told it was about opportunity and the pursuit of happiness. Not happiness itself, but the pursuit. Martin Scorsese Folk music is music that everyday people can play, and it inspired a lot of people to make their own music. That trailed into making your own pop music, and that's why garage bands started springing up everywhere. Arlo Guthrie I'm a real nature lover, so whenever possible, I like to get to the

My parents split up, and a lot of things going on in the outside world

made me want to immerse myself in an alternative world. Mariella Frostrup Health care costs are an issue both for the government and for our larger economy. Sylvia Mathews Burwell Eddy Arnold was a great friend of mine, and through the years, Eddy and I, we did a lot of shows together, and we even worked in some real estate transaction things together, and he helped me there. You know, he was a great real estate man. Jim Ed Brown I'm not a divorce monger by any means, but if you're not happy in a relationship, and you've grown apart, it's not healthy for a couple to stay together. It's better for kids to see two happy parents than two miserable parents. Laura Wasser The government has completed the entire process to do away with interviews for lower rank jobs. There will be no requirement of interview for Group D,C and B non-gazetted posts in central government. Narendra Modi I sort of look at acting like that: if you have no confines, you have everyw

I'm a filmmaker. I'm always searching for the truth in everything I do. I demand

it from my writing partner and my crew, actors, and so hopefully, we're making people think. Lee Daniels Art brings a message into a room. It should make us perceive in a new way - either through color, form or narrative content - something we had not perceived before... and perhaps reveal something to you about yourself. Gloria Vanderbilt We all have choices we have to make, and with those choices come certain sacrifices. Hill Harper I'm so happy to be Tiffany Trump, happy to be in the family I'm in. Tiffany Trump The Barenboim Foundation has nothing to do with politics. Daniel Barenboim Once you go down a road, you take it through to the end. Peter Jackson I've been in enough positions to respect people with different views. Condoleezza Rice You can't get any better than TV on HBO, ABC and BBC3. Chris Lilley If you feel that there's the author and then the character, then the book is not working. People have a habit of identifying the a

Anger is just not who I am, and I don't think it's what voters in

the 6th district want. They want respectful, decent representation that contrasts so starkly with what we have in Washington.Jon Ossoff We want to cut the corporate taxes, which will bring back growth.Steve Mnuchin There are a lot of people who want to retain the Eighth Amendment - I don't agree with that view myself - there are others who want to remove it, but when you ask them what that means, they aren't able to tell you.Leo Varadkar Really, what matters in the long run is sticking with things and working daily to get better at them.Angela Duckworth No one tries to cry. You try not to cry. No one tries to laugh. You try not to laugh.Martin Landau Any common man can relate to the story that 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' has.Karan Patel 'Singin' in the Rain' and childbirth are two of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life.Debbie Reynolds I'm used to putting so many things aside to be able to compete.Garbine Muguruza We're in

While Taliban fighters had an initial claim to protection under the conventions, they lost POW

status by failing to obey the standards of conduct for legal combatants: wearing uniforms, a responsible command structure, and obeying the laws of war. John Yoo It is one thing to praise discipline, and another to submit to it. Miguel de Cervantes Negotiations are a euphemism for capitulation if the shadow of power is not cast across the bargaining table. George Schultz An Englishman, being flattered, is a lamb; threatened, a lion. George Chapman I try to stay positive by focusing on how much I'll appreciate my health if I get better. Daniel Johns Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life. Lord Byron It was terrible on dates, because I could never eat when I was on a date. Robert Barnes

Being a teen idol or being a heartthrob on all the magazines, with Shaun Cassidy,

Leif Garrett, and Scott Baio - it was embarrassing! I never understood it. I mean, why me? I never really got it. Willie Aames Meeting with the director is an audition. Chandler Massey As an artist, you want to make good stories and create good art; as a businessman, you want to make money and make sure the investors are happy. The two will always clash, unfortunately. Neil Jackson As an actor, I'm very much a company person. And this also goes through my life: I have a dread of responsibility. I like someone else to be in charge. Ian Holm You have to find ways to relate to the characters you get to play. Put it in terms and in a context that speaks to you. Randy Couture I grew up in the golden age of Flash Gordon and sci-fi. Margaret Atwood The only way to improve the GOP brand and make good public policy is to fix the process. This requires transforming the way Congress does business. Dan Webster I didn't disappear; I started writing songs and worked behi

I have three degrees in history and only one in law, but since I came

back to specialize in constitutional law where history is so essentially a part and an explanation of much that exists, the two disciplines blended very well. Frank Scott Many times I asked myself, 'Who is a painter in your own eyes?' Peter Malkin In the first place, you must pay great attention to the key note. William Billings I definitely hope to attend UCLA in a year, and major in business. Mila Kunis Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul, that you never knew was missing. Torquato Tasso You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren. William Henry Hudson If we cannot agree, then at least we ought to move on. Ben Nelson Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Aldous Huxley