Skip to main content

It's part of a writer's profession, as it's part of a spy's profession, to prey

on the community to which he's attached, to take away information - often in secret - and to translate that into intelligence for his masters, whether it's his readership or his spy masters. And I think that both professions are perhaps rather lonely.
John le Carre

We shall see our friends again. We can lay them in the grave; we know they are safe with God.
Matthew Simpson

And then for the first time in history a Cook County state's attorney was reelected for a third time.
Richard M. Daley

The applause of a single human being is of great consequence.
Raymond Hull

I realize that protest paintings are not exactly in vogue, but I've done many.
Robert Indiana

Sometimes I think if I had the same body and the same natural ability and someone else's brain, who knows how good a player I might have been.
Mickey Mantle

Everyone has to make their own decisions. I still believe in that. You just have to be able to accept the consequences without complaining.
Grace Jones

Yes; quaint and curious war is! You shoot a fellow down you'd treat if met where any bar is, or help to half-a-crown.
Thomas Hardy

Filmmakers are going to make films, just like painters are going to paint.
Richard Linklater

Gemeoss