Skip to main content

I think I'm an athlete who's trained as an actor, and when you smash it

all together, you get whatever Omari is doing as a performer right now.
Omari Hardwick

There is not a man beneath the canopy of Heaven who does not know that slavery is wrong for him.
Frederick Douglass

There is always going to be someone more successful, richer, better looking, or with a nicer car.
Michael Gerber

In 2016, Trump, with his outsized ego, his anti-immigrant and anti-trade positions, coupled with barely disguised racism and deep-seated sexism and a willingness to lie whenever it suited him, was a near perfect fit.
Bob Beckel

Consumers expect a safe, convenient, and affordable globalised payment platform.
Lucy Peng

For 'Cinderella,' I did six weeks of those interviews, where you get asked the same eight questions. If you're not capable of doing that gracefully, then don't do it.
Richard Madden

Partisanship has gotten worse and worse.
John Hickenlooper

Belichick's actually great. I wouldn't mind being the New England Patriots. They seem to win a lot. Four-game suspension here and there doesn't hurt nobody.
Seth Rollins

I'm always just looking to get back to the joy of playing music, and keeping it simple, as much as I can.
Chris Stapleton

Some families can experience terrible tragedy and deal with it, and others not. I find those things fascinating.
Sissy Spacek

Gemeoss

When I was 17, I worked in a mentoring program in Harlem designed to improve

the community. That's when I first gained an appreciation of the Harlem Renaissance, a time when African-Americans rose to prominence in American culture. For the first time, they were taken seriously as artists, musicians, writers, athletes, and as political thinkers. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar I only make movies that are interesting to me. Brian Grazer I wouldn't say I was organised at all. I just have to prioritise. Is it more important for them to be organised, or to have their dinner, do you know what I mean? Jo Brand The courage in journalism is sticking up for the unpopular, not the popular. Geraldo Rivera A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live. Bertrand Russell I think Mick Jagger would be astounded and amazed if he realized that to many people he is not a sex symbol, but a mother image. David Bowie I enjoy my job as long as I can create a character, otherwise it's boring. Jav

That's what I think our jobs as parents are, to educate as much as possible...

I tell them to follow their bliss. The people who follow their bliss in this world tend to be the more happier people. Art Alexakis The only time I waste is time I spend doing something that, in my gut, I know I shouldn't. If I choose to spend time playing video games or sleeping in, then it's time well spent, because I chose to do it. I did it for a reason - to relax, to decompress or to feel good, and that was what I wanted to do. Simon Sinek Meat workers may have been looked down upon socially, but at least they were well-paid and were a fit and lively bunch as a result of hard, honest physical work. Michael Leunig I decided that I wanted a farm back in 1940 when I was with the Dodgers. I tried to find one within commuting distance of New York. Larry MacPhail Oh God, are you supposed to collect things? I don't collect things. I like throwing things away. Caitlin Moran My first phone was two tin cans tied together with string, and it worked pretty good. Do

It had to happen to me sometime: sooner or later, I would have to lose

sight of the cutting edge. That moment every technical person fears - the fall into knowledge exhaustion, obsolescence, techno-fuddy-duddyism - there was no reason to think I could escape it forever. Ellen Ullman Innovation and its allure can be dangerous. It can draw you away from the user, from the intended outcome, and may be the ultimate demise of otherwise great intentions. Mark Brand My voice is different, but I don't think I'm the only one with a different take on pop music. Charli XCX In South Africa, we drive on the left-hand side, and most of the cars are standard, so I learned with a full-gear transmission with a clutch and hill starts. I've never driven an automatic until I came to Canada. Jodi Balfour Mexico has 44 treaties with other countries that make it very advantageous to do international shipping from Mexico rather than from the United States. Wilbur Ross Winning HOYS set me up for the future and prepared me for riding in front of lots of

As a Midlander and a big walker, I'd always loved ridge and furrow

fields, the plough-marked land as it was when it was enclosed. It is the landscape giving you a story of lives that ended with the arrival of sheep. Jim Crace I think it's really rare to see women on television who are brilliant, selfish, vain, fallible - and I feel like I have all those capacities in myself, so it's good to see people in the media representing all of those things. Kerry Bishe I never went after fame. It fell into my lap. Caitlyn Jenner My mom and dad were actors when they were younger and had a horrible experience of it. My dad became a literary agent and my mom a casting director. Daniel Radcliffe I have this idea of trying to catalog all the genes on the planet. Craig Venter The wind from the Kingdom of Heaven has blown all over the world, and shall blow for centuries yet. George William Russell I always said if I played a drag queen, I'd want to create a template with the realness they talk about in 'Paris Is Burning.' Billy P

Given Pounds and five years, and an ordinary man can in the ordinary course, without

any undue haste or putting any pressure upon his taste, surround himself with books, all in his own language, and thence forward have at least one place in the world. Augustine Birrell Everyone should know that most cancer research is largely a fraud, and that the major cancer research organizations are derelict in their duties to the people who support them. Linus Pauling A Bush Administration will, I believe, enjoy a better relationship with the new Congress, although President-elect Bush will be faced with real challenges in getting along with the Congress. Richard V. Allen I once thought that I was the only man that persevered to be the friend of the white man, but since they have come and cleaned out our lodges, horses, and everything else, it is hard for to believe the white man any more. Black Kettle When you finish a poem, it clicks shut like the top of a jewel box, but prose is endless. I haven't experienced an awful lot of clicking shut! Kenneth Koch I thin

I'm perfectly happy for my videos to be on YouTube, whether I'm getting paid for

them or not. If they're on YouTube, people will see them. If for some reason my videos get taken down from YouTube, well, I apologize. If it was up to me they'd all be up there and they'd all be free. Moby My original opinion still stands. I don't think he should have put it out. Lonnie Donegan Who decides what's in Windows? The customers who buy it. Bill Gates I love the smell of a man's skin. J. Courtney Sullivan No, I had a back injury early on in my life. Merle Haggard We're working on accession to the WTO very actively. We still have several countries with which we need to conclude agreements and possibly that will happen next year. Nursultan Nazarbayev I'm intimidated by the fear of being average. Taylor Swift Actors love to act all those death scenes. Colin Baker I think I have a gift, but I haven't really opened that gift yet and given it to myself. Billy Boyd

I don't know concretely if it's due to superstition, but any time a new rule

is implemented into the NBA or a new piece of equipment or a new technology, there is always a transition and adjustment period by players and coaches and anyone involved with the game. Stu Jackson When I was on a major label I felt obliged to say yes to every interview, tour and whatever else. The label is always telling you, 'This ain't going to last,' so I worked myself half to death. I learnt from that and I like to pace myself now. Adam Ant I got to play in a crowd, play in Wimbledon finals, be the guy on a Davis Cup team for a while. Those are opportunities not a lot of people get. As much as I was disappointed and frustrated at times, I'm not sure that I ever felt sorry for myself or begrudged anybody any of their success. Andy Roddick There are times, like after a long day of work, when the thought of an easy drive-through is enticing. But then I remember how crappy I felt when I ate fast food in the past, and it inspires me to head to the grocery store

My mother brought me magicians and witches, because I was very ugly, really revolting. So

she thought somebody had put a spell on me - this is the truth - so she made me drink some horrible terrifying potions, for year. Roberto Benigni I pray they will carry on in spite of that dreadful monster prejudice, and with patience, courage, fortitude and perseverance achieve success for themselves. Major Taylor Cotton Owens was leading and daddy was second. They came up on me and I moved over to let them pass. Cotton went on, but daddy bumped me in the rear and my car went right into the wall. Richard Petty To keep it simple you run your gym like you run your house. Keep it clean and in good running order. No jerks allowed, members pay on time and if they give you any crap, throw them out. There's peace where there's order. Joe Gold This administration and the leadership in Congress appear to be intent on valuing wealth over work, thereby placing working families at a distinct disadvantage. Tim Bishop People praise virtue, but they hate it, they run away from

We've always enjoyed touring, which is fortunate because we're always on the road.

  The most difficult part is that time passes by so quickly. It's hard to pay attention to your normal life because shows are all-encompassing. St. Lucia It was crazy... working with Ne-Yo. Everything was such a blur, and I was just a fangirl the whole time. Jessica Sanchez Everyone's second team in Italy is Leicester. In Thailand, the first team is Leicester. I've received letters from Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil - everywhere 'Leicester, Leicester, what a legend.' Claudio Ranieri I have been brought up watching the 'Rocky' series and 'First Blood' series. I am obviously a big fan of Sylvester Stallone. Gautam Gambhir I worked on anti-submarine warfare for surface ships. Peggy Johnson For me, the best way to be as an artist is to be completely yourself, letting that vulnerability come through. Gretchen Parlato If House Republicans can't get border security right, who will trust them on the other bills? Tom Tancredo The Emmy nomination did a world o

'Bloom' is basically the idea that all flesh is grass, and that we can look

at natural plant growth and organic material as outgrowths of the Earth. Ken Goldberg Readers embrace all kinds of characters as long as they are written with emotional truth. David Levithan You can oppose reparations all you want, but you got to know the facts. You really, really do. Ta-Nehisi Coates At Shutterstock, we've been offering tutorials to customers and contributors on our blog for many years. Our audience already viewed us as thought leaders on the latest digital and creative skills; we felt it so natural for us to launch Skillfeed, which is an online marketplace for professional learning. Jon Oringer My old man is a man of few words. Scott Eastwood Even as a kid in the Bronx, I wanted an adventurous life. Kenneth Kamler When we begin to desire a thing, to yearn for it with all our hearts, we begin to establish relationship with it in proportion to the strength and persistency of our longing and intelligent effort to realize it. Orison Swett Marden