Skip to main content

If one limits to developing only the kitchen and bathroom as standardized rooms because of

their installation, and then also decides to arrange the remaining living area with movable walls, I believe that any justified living requirements can be met.
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Even if you sell the same number of plasma televisions - if you are selling them for 20 or 30 or 40 per cent of the original price, your revenue goes down, and the profit goes with it.
Gerry Harvey

I mainly read histories and biographies, but I'm also a big fan of Graham Swift and Thomas Hardy.
Ben Elliot

It's been said that members of Congress love receiving pats on the back weekdays in Washington, D.C., but they would benefit greatly from going home regularly to receive valuable slaps on the back of the head in their districts.
Tim Walberg

The European Union needs to reinvent its security system. It needs to break the stovepipes that prevent sharing information, enforcing borders and protecting citizens.
David Ignatius

When I got into high school, my favorite artist was definitely Janet Jackson.
Rutina Wesley

If people want to compare me to Danny DeVito, that's the biggest gift there is. I think Danny DeVito is fantastic.
Robin Lord Taylor

Dead people never seem to address the obvious - the things you'd think they'd be bursting to talk about, and the things all of us not-yet-dead are madly curious about. Such as: 'Hey, where are you now? What do you do all day? What's it feel like being dead? Can you see me? Even when I'm on the toilet? Would you cut that out?'
Mary Roach

I think, in music, you're always hoping that you'll have a like-minded audience and that the music you like making will appeal to them, too.
Neil Peart

I didn't really get crazy about Bob Wills until 1940.
Johnny Gimble

Even if there isn't a God, I believe in the one we've created.
Gbenga Akinnagbe

Gemeoss

As costs mount, in lives and dollars, it is natural to second guess, but one

lesson I hope we have learned is that the U.S. cannot go it alone in a policy that leaves American troops taking all the risk and American taxpayers paying all of the costs. John Spratt It is by presence of mind in untried emergencies that the native metal of man is tested. James Russell Lowell I feel uncomfortable because I'm insecure about who I am. Trent Reznor Home is the most popular, and will be the most enduring of all earthly establishments. Channing Pollock We assert that the subject is crucial and only that subject matter is valid which is tragic and timeless. Mark Rothko I'd like to see anyone do what I do for one week. GG Allin I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house. Yogi Berra

My first joke was about a company called Five Star Parking that was all over

Philadelphia: 'Who's reviewing parking lots?' Adam McKay I don't have to try to be perfect because I know that my fans like me for who I am. They like me because I am weird and kind of funky, but still really calm. Bella Thorne It's a funny feeling to work with people who you consider your colleagues and to realize that they actually are young enough to be your children. Alan Alda There was a time when cowboys respected their horses instead of riding them to death just to show off for a crowd. Tommy Lee My friends and family are amazed I've done so well. I was not a model student. No one expected that I'd build a Fortune 500 company at Symantec. John W. Thompson Before 'Moonrise,' I never thought I would be in a movie where I would be struck by lightning. Jared Gilman The theme of sisters - of missing sisters, of needing sisters, the special love that sisters share or the antagonism sisters share - is something that is very close to...

I had my fortune told once at the Great Wall of China. A withered old

lady told my fortune - but it was probably one of these things that are set up to rip off tourists. She told me a couple of vague things that came true, but she was probably just lucky. I would never do it again.Sarah Alexander I will never create a romantic angle to survive on a game show.Karishma Tanna I'm thinking about being the best I can be at ESPN in the studio.Chauncey Billups I am resilient like my mother and have the ability to face any kind of storm.Arjun Kapoor I'm a lawyer. The right to life is important.Jejomar Binay When I dance, I escape the present and become one with my soul.Normani Kordei Literally, when I go to the vocal coach, I'm like, 'You are teaching me nothing.' You know?Zara Larsson Everyone in my family is pretty much tone-deaf.Tobias Jesso, Jr. Money is something that keeps you alive and healthy and just keeps you focused. It's the drive. It's the passion.Travis Scott You know what's better than bui...

Photographic memory is often confused with another bizarre - but real - perceptual phenomenon called

eidetic memory, which occurs in between 2 and 15 percent of children and very rarely in adults. An eidetic image is essentially a vivid afterimage that lingers in the mind's eye for up to a few minutes before fading away. Joshua Foer One of my favorite films is 'Dumb and Dumber.' I'd love to do some really silly comedy someday. Paul Dano In my family, as in most middle-class Indian families I knew when I was growing up, science and mathematics were held in awe. Aravind Adiga I give the spectator the possibility of participating. The audience completes the film by thinking about it; those who watch must not be just consumers ingesting spoon-fed images. Michael Haneke Even The Impostors, as silly as it is, is a very intimate film, in a way. Stanley Tucci There's no doubt I'm emotional. Sidney Crosby Knowledge is ancient error reflecting on its youth. Francis Picabia I can only be who I am. Enya The South African government, unlike a lot of ...

Marc Jacobs is full of creative people and Louis Vuitton is again a name on

the door, a name that has existed for many years but I'm a collaborator there and I bring in other people, other artists and I work with a great creative design team. Marc Jacobs Now, bipolar disorder, it goes on a spectrum. There's very severe conditions of it and there are milder ones. I'm lucky enough that it's reasonably mild in my case. Stephen Fry The tech community is a closely knit group, which is why it's so powerful. All of these companies have an affinity for each other, even if they compete with each other. Ron Conway Some of the folks on both sides might be sincere, but it does seem as if it is only the opposition that cares about the Bill of Rights most of the time. James Bovard Talking with my friends and family every day helps keep me grounded and connected to home. They are the most important things to me. Colbie Caillat Hill Street Blues might have been the first television show that had a memory. One episode after another was part o...

Luckily, I'm in a band with two other guys who really pull their own weight and have the

 skills and abilities to compensate for my weaknesses. Isaac Hanson There are some signs that can indicate she might be interested. Woman might do subconscious things like play with their hair or orient their body towards your direction. Charli XCX When people are crass or loudmouthed, it's not because they don't give a damn. It's from fear and insecurity. Patty Jenkins I really started to enjoy Instagram more recently because it's something that shows people what I'm doing and what I'm going through, but it's so simple. I don't have to come up with something witty; it's just a funny photo, and you can be as artistic or as plain Jane as you want. Alex Morgan 'One With You' was the hardest book I have ever written. I rewrote it three times. Sylvia Day I've never played, on the field, any other position besides quarterback. Never been on a special team. Never been on defense. Peyton Manning My dad got me hooked on the news. That was a good ...

In the real world, there's probably nothing more horrifying than racism. Living

  racism is a horrifying experience. And then, having to normalize it and internalize it. Daniel Kaluuya I'll be a mentor to those who want to create a business, product or service and aren't exactly sure how to do that. To me, it's a true sign of success if I can help someone have a better time of it. Joy Mangano I'm a fan at heart. Robert Kraft My mother graduated from high school at 15 and went to work to support the family because the eldest son went to college. Ruth Bader Ginsburg When he emerged Lou Dobbs the populist, he was so hard to peg. A mishmash of contradictions: anti-outsourcing, anti-globalization, pro-international-trade, pro-free-enterprise, anti-corporatism, pro-choice, pro-Second Amendment, pro-gay-marriage, pro-gays-serving-openly-in-the-military, pro-military, anti-war-in-Iraq-and-Afghanistan. Jeanne Marie Laskas I started out splitting my time between the Kansas City and St. Louis comedy scenes, which both had bluer sensibilities than other cities...

The nature of a protective immune response to HIV is still unclear. Because in a

very, very unique manner, unlike virtually any other microbe with which we're familiar, the HIV virus has evolved in a way that the immune system finds it very difficult, if not impossible, to deal with the virus. Anthony Fauci In poetry you can express almost inexpressible feelings. You can express the pain of loss, you can express love. People always turn to poetry when someone they love dies, when they fall in love. Erica Jong My father had all these great names for our cows. Bossy and Daisy and Petunia and Turnip. One of my jobs was to round up the cows before milking. I'd go out back with the dog and bring them in. Bobbie Ann Mason I quite like to sing, actually - just belting out numbers with my guitar. I find that it's a form of tranquility. Jack O'Connell I was 3 and a half, and there was an open call for a Coca-Cola commercial. We were living around Dallas, and my mom took me. I think they were calling for 16-year-olds that could ride horses and swi...

I've seen a couple white girls coming to my concerts wearing head wraps, and I think

  they look so cute. It's kind of sad to see that people are really into separation, trying to separate everybody and making a clear division of 'us against you,' even with fashion. That sucks. It's not the way the world is supposed to be. Yuna When I did 'Memento,' independent film was where all the really good stuff was. Carrie-Anne Moss A lot of new artists sign their deal and then go into a development stage for a year or two or sometimes never get out of it. For me, because I had been a working songwriter in town, I had a collection of songs that I was ready to make into an album. At the time, I didn't realize it was becoming an album, but it was. Maren Morris I always wanted to be an actress, but my parents were adamant that I complete my studies first before I take up acting. Keerthy Suresh Nan Gorman was born in Memphis, Tenn., on St. Patrick's Day. She moved to Hazard in 1929 when her father, James Hagan, a recent medical school graduate and asp...

The more specific we are, the more universal something can become. Life is

  in the details. If you generalize, it doesn't resonate. The specificity of it is what resonates. Jacqueline Woodson You have to be pretty selfless to have a child, who doesn't give a lot back to you. Gillian Flynn We may have a tacit understanding of how our solar system works, but watching the sun disappear behind the moon reminds us of the vastness of space and the enduring mysteries of the universe we inhabit. Jenna Wortham You're going to find out who your friends are. Anything that happens in your life is one of those challenges. It may not be at the level of celebrity, but everybody's going to travel that road. Stanley A. McChrystal There are certainly things in live broadcasts that I've done that I wish I could have gone back to edit and make better. It's hard, because you want it to be perfect, and it just isn't. Even in the edited ones, it's not everything you want it to be - but it's closer. Lonny Price I was actually a really sort of ner...