Skip to main content

When I was president of the company, I said, 'Okay, I can do this -

piece of cake.' Then when you are the CEO, the responsibilities multiply enormously because you worry about everything.
Indra Nooyi

I want to apologize to all of the people I have let down because of my behavior which has reflected badly on my family, friends, co-workers, business associates and others.
Kate Moss

The average person is gregarious; there is something in the spirit of the crowd that adds to the enjoyment of entertainment.
Ivor Novello

There was probably something as a child I wanted to express, something unsaid that I needed to share.
Juliette Binoche

What I didn't know that by sticking to craft we would blow open some doors that I never saw opened before.
James Lipton

I wanted this album to sound like a big crocheted blanket - to be warm yet to have a lot of space.
Deana Carter

Sugar leaves you stranded; I make sure I have the proper amount of protein before I work out.
Evander Holyfield

I go to the gym in the morning without any makeup on. Sorry, guys, if you think I'm ugly, but I don't know anybody who goes to the gym with makeup on.
Shenae Grimes

I've always loved watching the news on TV. As a kid, I loved watching Walter Cronkite, for some reason.
Will Ferrell

I hope I left behind a legacy that people will enjoy. But whatever they want to say, I can't predict.
Robert Duvall

Gemeoss

I wanted to definitely be a musician or a good preacher or a heck of

a baseball player. I couldn't play ball too good - I hurt my finger, and I stopped that. I couldn't preach, and well, all I had left was getting into the music thing. Muddy Waters I confess that I listen to my own music for my own pleasure. Herb Alpert How can you not like Britney Spears? Lindsay Lohan It has never been my object to record my dreams, just the determination to realize them. Man Ray Reality isn't the way you wish things to be, nor the way they appear to be, but the way they actually are. Robert J. Ringer And to any new fans we made along the way, I say... welcome to our party. It's just starting to get going. Richard Marx I know it can be dangerous, but I love racing. I worry my wife, but she knows it's important to me. Patrick Dempsey The true statesman is the one who is willing to take risks. Charles de Gaulle

My first joke was about a company called Five Star Parking that was all over

Philadelphia: 'Who's reviewing parking lots?' Adam McKay I don't have to try to be perfect because I know that my fans like me for who I am. They like me because I am weird and kind of funky, but still really calm. Bella Thorne It's a funny feeling to work with people who you consider your colleagues and to realize that they actually are young enough to be your children. Alan Alda There was a time when cowboys respected their horses instead of riding them to death just to show off for a crowd. Tommy Lee My friends and family are amazed I've done so well. I was not a model student. No one expected that I'd build a Fortune 500 company at Symantec. John W. Thompson Before 'Moonrise,' I never thought I would be in a movie where I would be struck by lightning. Jared Gilman The theme of sisters - of missing sisters, of needing sisters, the special love that sisters share or the antagonism sisters share - is something that is very close to...

I have a Tinder account. Now I've done Bumble, and I've tried this other one,

and the way I justified it is that... because I'm on TV, I shouldn't be eliminated from participating in what's going on in the world. But people are always like, 'I can't believe you're on a dating app!' Eric Stonestreet I think to eat cake is very good for us, but it's the size of the slice and how often you have it. Mary Berry I think most politicians have almost no understanding of economics; otherwise, they wouldn't have become politicians. Roger Ver It's very important to go pitch-by-pitch and game-by-game and not getting too far ahead of myself. In the past, it was trying to make up for a bad game and thinking ahead and what do I have to do to fix this. Jason Hammel The U.S. is not a claimant state in the South China Sea or in the China-Japan dispute over the Senkaku Islands. But, of course, the 7th Fleet has been a presence in the region since the Second World War, and it is the most powerful fleet in the region. Lee Hsien Lo...

Though Nathalie Dupree did not remember much about my presence in her class, it marked

me forever. I remain her enthusiast, her evangelist, her acolyte, and her grateful student. She taught me that cooking and storytelling make the most delightful coconspirators. Pat Conroy I was a good student. My mom is a teacher, and her side of the family is all teachers. She put a big emphasis on getting good grades. Tyler Hilton One of the challenges for sub-Saharan Africa is that markets are of modest size. This makes regional integration important. Robert Zoellick Here in Tennessee, instead of the big spending, big government, job killing agenda of the Obama Administration, Tennesseans have tightened their belts and are struggling to find jobs that will enable them to support their families. Marsha Blackburn I like a challenge. The fact that these are secret organizations, and also very important organizations that can engage in abuses that are so important to our national security - all that attracts me. Ronald Kessler I think ad networks is an ongoing story. Fede...

The Constitution defends all of us against unreasonable search and seizure. What constitutes reasonableness depends

upon threat. Michael Hayden A lot of times, in our culture and our society, we put romantic love somehow on a higher plane than self-love and friendship love. You can't do that. You have to honor and really fully invest in all these different loving relationships. Delilah I'm really eager to play the BWF Destination Dubai World Superseries Finals, especially after my enjoyable visit to the city. Chen Long I'm an originalist and a textualist, not a nut. Antonin Scalia The experience of watching great cinema - great art - is life enriching and spiritually uplifting no matter whether it's about as difficult as it gets, like 'Breaking the Waves,' or as light as it gets, like 'Jerry Maguire,' 'Election' or 'Toy Story.' Luke Davies For a few months, I'd have a green juice every day, but one day, I realized I'd rather eat those ingredients than drink them. Ellie Kemper Presidents have to learn how to adapt. Every presid...

I truly believe that firearms in the hands of law abiding citizen's makes our families

and our communities more safe, not less safe. Mike Pence I put pressure on myself all the time. I felt it so much with 'Sax,' but I had to just let go and enjoy it. Fleur East Those people who think they know the Gospel, and it doesn't have any meaning for them, they're the people we have to find a way to touch, to invite once again to the embrace of Christ. Donald Wuerl Any girl who likes watching movies would like to work in them and would want to do all of that. I'm also one of them. But people know me for badminton and love me for it. So I'd stick to it right now. But maybe after badminton, I'll think about it. Saina Nehwal I don't outline; I listen to a kind of whisper inside the material. Jayne Anne Phillips My favorite subject was English, and I wanted to study English abroad when I was young, when I was a kid, but my mom said 'No, it's too dangerous to go abroad by yourself.' So I gave up. Doona Bae It's a violen...

Those market researchers... are playing games with you and me and with this entire country.

Their so-called samples of opinion are no more accurate or reliable than my grandmother's big toe was when it came to predicting the weather. Dan Rather No person has the right to rain on your dreams. Marian Wright Edelman I was not someone who participated in other people's castles. Stephan Jenkins Age does not matter if the matter does not age. Jean Paul Boy, I'd hate to shoot on tape or disc or whatever the hell they're talking about. I love film. Frank Darabont Too much and too little wine. Give him none, he cannot find truth; give him too much, the same. Blaise Pascal One often has need of one, inferior to himself. Jean de La Fontaine

The art of transformation is a very important thing to me, and I always believe

I can say something more truthful through characters that are further away from me. Andy Serkis Before competition, I always take an ice bath to make my body feel more refreshed. Then I always have coffee with a little cream and sugar. It's a superstitious thing. McKayla Maroney The idea that Americans favor politicians who either remind them of themselves or can imagine what their selves are like because they too have struggled and sung the blues, is, like very best theories of human behavior, immune to falsification by mere evidence. Walter Kirn There are a few images in 'Exorcist 3' that scared me - people crawling on ceilings, etc. - but nothing beats the original. Even the book scared me to death. Christine Elise Happiness is within the reach of everyone, rich or poor. Yet comparatively few people are happy. I believe the reason for this is that the majority don't recognize happiness even when it is within their grasp. Robert Baden-Powell No surfer w...

I think I'm going to be making country records

for as long as I can see into the future. It's much more down-home and real. Neil Young My objection to Liberalism is this that it is the introduction into the practical business of life of the highest kind namely, politics of philosophical ideas instead of political principles. Benjamin Disraeli Not after the big bust in '92, there's no big drug lifestyle anymore. I can't talk about it. Pretty ugly. Gene Ween I think everybody has their own unique style. Carmelo Anthony I'd rather get back to making art than talk about it. Jock Sturges I make music with no boundaries. Pitbull I have never been opposed to earmarks. Judd Gregg Even a pacifist should admire the military virtues. John Keegan The stage is a routine. It keeps you grounded, like a metronome. I find that soothing. Michael Shannon The duty of comedy is to correct men by amusing them. Moliere

The limit is not as narrow as it might be. I do not claim for

this action, as it now goes on, an ideal degree of efficiency. What I do claim is that this type of competition already reveals its nature and its ultimate power to hold seeming monopolies in check. John Bates Clark The history of modern art is also the history of the progressive loss of art's audience. Art has increasingly become the concern of the artist and the bafflement of the public. Paul Gauguin I did seven indies because the independent market used to be a lot better before all the stars were doing independents. As a beginning actor, that's where you started. Josh Holloway The intellectual takes as a starting point his self and relates the world to his own sensibilities; the scientist accepts an existing field of knowledge and seeks to map out the unexplored terrain. Daniel Bell Committing genocide on behalf of an institution generates greater loyalty to it than merely getting people fired from their jobs on its behalf. John McCarthy If you have some resp...