Skip to main content

The difference between Marilyn Monroe and the early Pamela Anderson is not that great. What's

amazing is that the taste of American men and international tastes in terms of beauty have essentially stayed the same. Styles change, but our view of beauty stays the same.
Hugh Hefner

That children shall be compelled to receive religious instruction which is in antagonism to the wishes of their parents, is what no man with say sense of justice would suggest.
Charles Tupper

Ask Elizabeth is a community of voices, it's not me standing on a podium telling people how to run their lives, it's girls helping each other sharing their wisdom and advice and I create a space for them to do it.
Elizabeth Berkley

The crowd is just as important as the group. It takes everything to make it work.
Levon Helm

Architecture is restricted to such a limited vocabulary. A building is either a high-rise or a perimeter block or a town house.
Bjarke Ingels

If you deprive yourself of outsourcing and your competitors do not, you're putting yourself out of business.
Lee Kuan Yew

You treat the air as a canvas and the paint is the chords that come through your fingers, out of the keyboard.
Pharrell Williams

I had tremendous fun fooling around with the way people talked about songs, just the way that became another way of understanding the world.
Greil Marcus

I'm afraid the SS's relationship with the Catholic Church is something the Church still has to deal with and does not deny.
Christopher Hitchens

The same technologies enabling us to work together at a distance are creating the expectation to do better at governing ourselves.
Beth Simone Noveck

Gemeoss

I know what it's like to have a broken heart. I know what it's like

to feel pain: When my songs don't become hits, it breaks my heart. There are a million ways to break a heart. I can relate. Diane Warren Boys, particularly, like stories where they can have images in their imagination, where they can go to scary places and experiment with what can happen. Morris Gleitzman Bowie is probably my favorite all-around songwriter and performer and personality. His ability to change over the years is such an inspiration. I love 'Young Americans' and 'Fame.' Scott Weiland I actually got more attention from one episode of 'The Sopranos' than I did from two years of 'The L Word.' Sarah Shahi 'American Sniper' is a movie. War is a grim reality and with us still. Mike Barnicle I do like having books on my shelves. I do value that life. Noah Baumbach Whenever I start a project, I have a broad range of possibilities. Shaun Tan When I was in fourth grade, I had a lot of upheaval in my life. Both of my pa

Islam does not believe in democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, or

 freedom of assembly. It does not separate religion and politics. It is partly a religion, but it is much more than that. It has a political agenda that goes far outside the realm of religion. Pauline Hanson When our band took off, we were all in this microcosm of a hurricane or whatever it was. It was a crazy, crazy dream come true with nightmares floating around it, and all sorts of stuff was happening, and my Crohn's was happening. Mike McCready I have done films only because my roles were good in them. It has got nothing to do with being associated with any particular camp. Fawad Khan Monopolists always defend their monopolies by arguing that competition is wasteful. When the railroad barons completed their monopoly, they argued it would be wasteful to have competing rail lines, AT&T said the same thing. But today, the size and scope of these monopolies is different. Franklin Foer I think that social migration to another economic class requires a kind of negotiating with yo

I always wanted to write a raccoon story. I don't know why. It's not like

I want to own a raccoon or anything like that. I'm just fascinated by them. Kathi Appelt I made a very poor decision in my first marriage. I know God's forgiven me. Scott DesJarlais My attitude is that, if you have nothing to hide, why not show it? Bradley Wiggins I'm definitely happy and appreciate all the love everyone's given to me. Desiigner I like to keep my options open. I'm known for changing my mind. Doug Liman When I portrayed Shiridi Sai, I changed as a person. Akkineni Nagarjuna I think every new player needs time when they come to a new club and a new country, and I certainly did. Granit Xhaka Mobile gaming is the largest and fastest-growing opportunity for interactive entertainment, and we will have one of the world's most successful mobile game companies and its talented teams providing great content to new customers, in new geographies, throughout the world. Bobby Kotick A lot of people think I'm gay. I have really red

One night I was standing on Third Avenue playing my guitar, when this big Irish

policeman came strolling by, and stopped to listen to my singing and playing. When I was done, he politely handed me a ticket for disturbing the peace, while at the same time telling me how much he liked my voice. I wish I still had that ticket. Frank Stallone I've got four piercings in my left, so we've dubbed my right one the 'period drama ear.' I have to be filmed from that side when I do emotional close-ups in 'Downton.' Jessica Brown Findlay When I record an album I'm trying to get as close as possible to that perfect moment. Lou Reed I'm not an activist. Werner Herzog I'm very emotional. That's why I wear shades a lot. Duane Chapman Hollywood embraced me in the late '80s because there was a good project I was in and it was different. Nowadays, it's about corporate mentality, box office, youth. Marlee Matlin If I can give a very substantial injection of humanistic thinking into corporations, boy, that would change things

Though politics is by nature divisive, surely we all can agree that foster children need

stability, safety, education, opportunity - and love. Vanessa Diffenbaugh By acquiring all of your furniture from different eras and places and things that are expensive and inexpensive, it will make your end product have a great spirit. Kelly Wearstler Golden rule of life: never underestimate your rivals. Sid Waddell I don't want my learning curve to be stunted by just all of a sudden doing work all the time and not being careful about the work that I'm doing. Paul Dano I could live my whole life being so comfortable doing things I've already worked hard to not be nervous at, or I could continue to push the envelope and make myself uncomfortable and learn and see what I'm capable of, and acting is definitely that. Ruby Rose Democrats hate success. P. J. O'Rourke I crank up the music, and I dance around the house. Christie Brinkley I think people in electronic music are trying to get these big features: 'Oh my gosh, I'm gonna get the big

While it was occasionally done here or there, nobody else had a figurehead like Walt

doing it. Jack Warner wasn't on TV. Walt was the boss, but he had a real public profile and he used it to his advantage. And he became a household face. Leonard Maltin I am strongly pro-life, and have fought to protect the rights of the unborn my entire career. I will continue to fight for this cause because I value the sanctity of all human life. Rob Bishop I explain this not for publicity, nor seeking to win an argument of right or wrong, I explain so that the record is clear as to my thinking and motivations in bombing a government installation. Timothy McVeigh We'd play at the Ambassador's house for an invited group of dignitaries from the government that might have gone to school in America; to the U.S. Consulate that invites certain people that they're trying to target. Bob Livingston We decide based on how people look; we decide based on how people sound; we decide based on how people are dressed. We decide based on their passion. Frank Luntz I hav

Two years after drama school, I had a nervous breakdown: I heard voices, and the

voice I heard in my head was Martin Luther King's. David Harewood The house was big enough for my brother and me to have firecracker wars at one end and leave Mom and Dad undisturbed at the other. When firecrackers weren't available, we attacked each other with pennies and marbles and clumps of Crisco, which made brilliant greasy asterisks when you missed and hit the wall. John Dickerson I think you judge your career by the scripts that are being sent your way. Jeffrey Dean Morgan You alone are enough. Oprah Winfrey I'm not a car person. Three years after 'The Da Vinci Code' came out, I still had my old, rusted Volvo. And people are like, 'Why don't you have a Maserati?' It never occurred to me. It wasn't a priority for me. I just didn't care. Dan Brown Everybody in Hollywood has to beat the 'no' - and if you write code in Silicon Valley, or if you design cars in Detroit, if you manage hedge funds in Lower Manhattan, you al

No, I chose the name Jane Seymour because I was doing my first film, 'Ode

to Lovely War,' and one of the top agents in England spotted me dancing in the chorus. I was a singer and dancer in that movie with Maggie Smith, um, and he told me he couldn't sell me as Joyce Penelope Willomena Frankenburger. Jane Seymour Sundance was started as a mechanism for the discovery of new voices and new talent. Robert Redford The election of Senator Barack Obama brought jubilation across Africa, where millions celebrated him as 'one of their own.' George Ayittey We need to stop spending money we don't have. Paul Ryan Making love in the morning got me through morning sickness. I found I could be happy and throw up at the same time. Pamela Anderson Of all the means I know to lead men, the most effectual is a concealed mystery. Adam Weishaupt I have always said that often the religion you were born with becomes more important to you as you see the universality of truth. Ram Dass I'm not afraid to die. Vivien Leigh I enjoyed the promotion

I like to be very girly, with bows and ruffles on the red carpet. I

love pastel colours, especially blue. Me and my sister both because of our eyes look good in blues. Elle Fanning I have often noticed that after I had bestowed on the characters of my novels some treasured item of my past, it would pine away in the artificial world where I had so abruptly placed it. Vladimir Nabokov Look, I am not worried about Washington cutting too much spending too fast. I mean, the kinds of spending cuts we're talking about just right now are $100 billion out of a $3.7 trillion budget. Paul Ryan Touring is very grueling. It's very taxing on the body and living out of your suitcase, going from city to city, night after night. It's a tough job. Janet Jackson I'm on 'Two and a Half Men,' and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth. Angus T. Jones The belief that all genuine education comes about through experience does not mean that all experiences are genuinely or equally educative

Americans deserve a simple, fairer, and flatter tax code that jumpstarts our economy, helps create

jobs, and makes America a leader again.Kevin Brady Ramen in L.A. is much better than ramen in San Francisco. That's just a fact.Alexis Ohanian Ideally, I would like to play roles in as many classics as possible: 'Rebecca,' 'Hedda Gabler.' I'm fond of a corset.Talulah Riley I always think of the Joker as the ultimate bully. Nothing he says is funny except to him.Paul Dini Fashion is instant - after six months, it disappears, and you have to start again. That's the nature of it.John Rocha I think a certain degree of pessimism is actually helpful to love.Alain de Botton Most people can't see beauty and love. I see our music as medicine.Maurice White My own ambitions were eclectic. My father ran a steel plant, and I was expected to study metallurgy and end up at the steel plant when I finished high school at age 15. Despite my proficiency at science, I decided against it and instead went on to study filmmaking.Anand Mahindra I have be