Skip to main content

I used to watch every episode of 'Justice League,' I went to all the movies,

I had the Superman lunchbox. I was enamored with animation in general and always wanted to somehow be a part of it.
Jesse McCartney

I love the competitive part of stocks. A lot of fear and greed, that's all it is. All I see is green and red.
Josh Brolin

If kind parents love their children and delight in their happiness, then he who is perfect goodness in sending abroad mortal contagions doth assuredly direct their use.
John Woolman

You do have to overcome the child's thinking that this new woman, who is not their mother, is going to be in their lives.
Nancy O'Dell

I don't want any man I can run over. What I love about a man in control is it allows them to be the kings that I always expect them to be.
Angie Stone

Hope is the struggle of the soul, breaking loose from what is perishable, and attesting her eternity.
Herman Melville

One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.
Philip Wylie

At that point, there will be the handover between the shuttle arm and the station arm so that the shuttle arm will take the cradle and put it into the cargo bay.
Umberto Guidoni

I feel like I'm kind of faking something if I'm talking as myself and putting on an accent.
Melanie Lynskey

I'm not a religious person. I'm Catholic, so I consider myself more of a spiritual person. I believe in God.
Tracey Gold

Gemeoss

That's what I think our jobs as parents are, to educate as much as possible...

I tell them to follow their bliss. The people who follow their bliss in this world tend to be the more happier people. Art Alexakis The only time I waste is time I spend doing something that, in my gut, I know I shouldn't. If I choose to spend time playing video games or sleeping in, then it's time well spent, because I chose to do it. I did it for a reason - to relax, to decompress or to feel good, and that was what I wanted to do. Simon Sinek Meat workers may have been looked down upon socially, but at least they were well-paid and were a fit and lively bunch as a result of hard, honest physical work. Michael Leunig I decided that I wanted a farm back in 1940 when I was with the Dodgers. I tried to find one within commuting distance of New York. Larry MacPhail Oh God, are you supposed to collect things? I don't collect things. I like throwing things away. Caitlin Moran My first phone was two tin cans tied together with string, and it worked pretty good. Do

It had to happen to me sometime: sooner or later, I would have to lose

sight of the cutting edge. That moment every technical person fears - the fall into knowledge exhaustion, obsolescence, techno-fuddy-duddyism - there was no reason to think I could escape it forever. Ellen Ullman Innovation and its allure can be dangerous. It can draw you away from the user, from the intended outcome, and may be the ultimate demise of otherwise great intentions. Mark Brand My voice is different, but I don't think I'm the only one with a different take on pop music. Charli XCX In South Africa, we drive on the left-hand side, and most of the cars are standard, so I learned with a full-gear transmission with a clutch and hill starts. I've never driven an automatic until I came to Canada. Jodi Balfour Mexico has 44 treaties with other countries that make it very advantageous to do international shipping from Mexico rather than from the United States. Wilbur Ross Winning HOYS set me up for the future and prepared me for riding in front of lots of

Given Pounds and five years, and an ordinary man can in the ordinary course, without

any undue haste or putting any pressure upon his taste, surround himself with books, all in his own language, and thence forward have at least one place in the world. Augustine Birrell Everyone should know that most cancer research is largely a fraud, and that the major cancer research organizations are derelict in their duties to the people who support them. Linus Pauling A Bush Administration will, I believe, enjoy a better relationship with the new Congress, although President-elect Bush will be faced with real challenges in getting along with the Congress. Richard V. Allen I once thought that I was the only man that persevered to be the friend of the white man, but since they have come and cleaned out our lodges, horses, and everything else, it is hard for to believe the white man any more. Black Kettle When you finish a poem, it clicks shut like the top of a jewel box, but prose is endless. I haven't experienced an awful lot of clicking shut! Kenneth Koch I thin

As a Midlander and a big walker, I'd always loved ridge and furrow

fields, the plough-marked land as it was when it was enclosed. It is the landscape giving you a story of lives that ended with the arrival of sheep. Jim Crace I think it's really rare to see women on television who are brilliant, selfish, vain, fallible - and I feel like I have all those capacities in myself, so it's good to see people in the media representing all of those things. Kerry Bishe I never went after fame. It fell into my lap. Caitlyn Jenner My mom and dad were actors when they were younger and had a horrible experience of it. My dad became a literary agent and my mom a casting director. Daniel Radcliffe I have this idea of trying to catalog all the genes on the planet. Craig Venter The wind from the Kingdom of Heaven has blown all over the world, and shall blow for centuries yet. George William Russell I always said if I played a drag queen, I'd want to create a template with the realness they talk about in 'Paris Is Burning.' Billy P

When I was 17, I worked in a mentoring program in Harlem designed to improve

the community. That's when I first gained an appreciation of the Harlem Renaissance, a time when African-Americans rose to prominence in American culture. For the first time, they were taken seriously as artists, musicians, writers, athletes, and as political thinkers. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar I only make movies that are interesting to me. Brian Grazer I wouldn't say I was organised at all. I just have to prioritise. Is it more important for them to be organised, or to have their dinner, do you know what I mean? Jo Brand The courage in journalism is sticking up for the unpopular, not the popular. Geraldo Rivera A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live. Bertrand Russell I think Mick Jagger would be astounded and amazed if he realized that to many people he is not a sex symbol, but a mother image. David Bowie I enjoy my job as long as I can create a character, otherwise it's boring. Jav

Integrating breakthrough technology into everyday products is always a challenge; at the same time, this

is exactly how design makes tech products easily adoptable in life. Yves Behar I enjoy music that is commercial. I think that in order for music to be heard in a lot of different situations, you have to always consider that. Commercial music, for the most part, is popular music, and you always have to keep that in mind. It's not so much financial as making sure it gets the shot and is heard on the radio. Babyface There used to be a tradition within the Hispanic community that, regardless of your political party, you would support undocumented immigrants. That ended with Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Jorge Ramos The armed citizen made America free, and the armed citizen will keep America free! David A. Clarke, Jr. History never repeats itself in the same way. Ehud Barak I like Jay Z, Journey, and Kings of Leon. Alex Rodriguez I grew up in a small town where we played around on motorcycles and things, but it really started when I got old enough. I think I was obsessed w

My interest in Virtual Reality (VR) films began for me when I began a fellowship

with MIT's Open Documentary Lab. It was a profound experience to be on MIT's campus one day a week and to enter a new world of storytelling where breaking convention and traditional methods were expected. This was deeply challenging and inspiring. Raney Aronson-Rath Richard Madden, I loved to work alongside him; he's a very funny man. Alfie Allen I really respect Zakk Wylde's guitar playing and his compulsive work ethic. Dimebag Darrell Our movement is evolving. The movement to liberate our sexuality as a human right, that's an ongoing struggle. Gilbert Baker In animation, you can often defer decisions or make changes later. John Knoll I've always been drawn to dark stories. I enjoy reading Flannery O'Connor, Patricia Highsmith, and Margaret Mitchell. Karin Slaughter Each year on Impact Day, I love seeing our people fill classrooms, parks, and training centers to make a difference in communities across the country. Cathy Engelbert Elon M

The past is still visible. The buildings haven't changed, the layout of the streets hasn't

changed. So memory is very available to me as I walk around. Jonathan Lethem I cannot consent that my mortal body shall be laid in a repository prepared for an Emperor or a King my republican feelings and principles forbid it the simplicity of our system of government forbids it. Andrew Jackson Anyone who loses a parent, you have to find those parts of yourself that your parent held true in themselves, especially if they're supportive parents. Anthony Rapp When you borrow money, you should always think how you're going to pay it back. Dmitry Medvedev I'm the world's expert on sterotypes held by academics about athletes and held by athletes about academics. To me, both of them are caricatures. A. Bartlett Giamatti A society in which there are high levels of voluntary activity will simply be a better, happier place than one where there are not. Jonathan Sacks In my life and career I want to embrace ageing because I think that's what's interesting

HAG Records, is a company that I've owned. I've had a couple of gospel releases

on it. We developed a pretty good distribution setup there and we do have something to use in case they don't want to sign us. Merle Haggard I'm a product of good nutrition, cutting edge supplementation and hard training, and I'm an old guy. Warren Cuccurullo Awards are always a pleasant surprise. They are the candy-floss parts of our job - a lovely added extra to attract people's attention. The bottom line is that you want to sell tickets. Sophie Thompson People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love. Chuck Palahniuk I am a feminist and I have no problems being called that. Frances O'Grady Like fragile ice anger passes away in time. Ovid If you're doing a music film, you've got to be singing about something. Jonathan Demme The truth is that from birth on we are, to one extent or another, a fairly sensual species. Jock Sturges I used the best technique that I knew to protect my files. Wen Ho Lee You cannot

I came away from the forums with a profound concern about the highly addictive and

destructive nature of methamphetamine. Families are torn apart, lives are destroyed and treatment is difficult to get. Greg Walden But with the slow menace of a glacier, depression came on. No one had any measure of its progress; no one had any plan for stopping it. Everyone tried to get out of its way. Frances Perkins When I was a young player, I would look at players and think, he does this well, and try and pick up good points from them, or he conducts himself well, I'll pick up on that. Richard Gough You do not notice changes in what is always before you. Sidonie Gabrielle Colette The whale is endangered, while the ant continues to do just fine. Bill Vaughan