Skip to main content

I'm supposed to say, Bill O'Reilly, that's immoral - click - and then walk back

in and book his A block the next day and have a fine day and everything be kosher? I don't think so.
Andrea Mackris

I was good at football and cricket at school. My dad said, 'Son, be an architect,' and I came to Melbourne passionate about becoming an architect.
Max Walker

I have seen incredible bravery from very young guys, the young generation that people write off.
Ross Kemp

I once worked as a tour guide in the Costa del Sol of Spain.
Harlan Coben

You are that vast thing that you see far, far off with great telescopes.
Alan Watts

Personally, I was never the cool kid. I was always sort of a bookworm.
Zac Efron

I think that the implication of King's assassination has not been fully appreciated.
Henry Louis Gates

I have musical ADD, so I like to switch things up.
Casey Abrams

I've created such a monster.
Rip Taylor

I grew up on the golden age of children's TV.
Edward Norton

Gemeoss

Years ago nobody was elected on the economic ticket. It was either the education platform,

or it was health or it was other issues. It is only recently that economic values have superceded every other human value. Anita Roddick The physical fabric of the world had to be such as to enable that ten billion year preliminary evolution to produce the raw materials of life. Without it there would not have been the chemical materials to allow life to evolve here on earth. John Polkinghorne I respect the Hall of Fame, and if they think that I'm worthy enough, I would be very honored. And if they don't, I gave it all that I had to this game. Rafael Palmeiro I'm pleased the administration is endorsing the need for legislation dealing with the chemical sector. In the past, the administration's position has been ambiguous. Susan Collins When I was 12 years old, I was hanging out with 23-year-olds. I was into cartoons and Pokemon, and they're all talking about girls. It was a strange way to grow up. Shaun White I read everything. I've always got a b

You have to understand: the narrative that people have about business and capitalism is that

they are fundamentally selfish, greedy, and exploitative. Of course, I don't agree with that narrative. John Mackey Sometimes, you just have to clear your head and get out to see other things. It is very important to be nourished. I love to go to museums and galleries, I like to see theatre, film, dance - anything creative. It doesn't promise you inspiration, but it nourishes your creative soul, and that's good. Marc Jacobs When I was growing up, I don't remember being told that America was created so that everyone could get rich. I remember being told it was about opportunity and the pursuit of happiness. Not happiness itself, but the pursuit. Martin Scorsese Folk music is music that everyday people can play, and it inspired a lot of people to make their own music. That trailed into making your own pop music, and that's why garage bands started springing up everywhere. Arlo Guthrie I'm a real nature lover, so whenever possible, I like to get to the

While Taliban fighters had an initial claim to protection under the conventions, they lost POW

status by failing to obey the standards of conduct for legal combatants: wearing uniforms, a responsible command structure, and obeying the laws of war. John Yoo It is one thing to praise discipline, and another to submit to it. Miguel de Cervantes Negotiations are a euphemism for capitulation if the shadow of power is not cast across the bargaining table. George Schultz An Englishman, being flattered, is a lamb; threatened, a lion. George Chapman I try to stay positive by focusing on how much I'll appreciate my health if I get better. Daniel Johns Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life. Lord Byron It was terrible on dates, because I could never eat when I was on a date. Robert Barnes

I've become wary of interviews in which you're forced to go back over the reasons

why you made certain decisions. You tend to rationalize what you've done, to intellectually review a process that is often intuitive. Peter Weir With this first novel, I am just above the foothills, but I see the path to the top, and it is my desire to write compelling stories about everything that I find of interest. Guy Johnson Even though the vast majority of my work was outside television, the amount of creation and inventing that went into the TV shows was non stop and, unknown to me, a great strain. Paul Daniels Black women, whose experience is unique, are seldom recognized as a particular social-cultural entity and are seldom thought to be important enough for serious scholarly consideration. Barbara Smith I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it. Michael Phelps Either you write songs or you don't. And if you do write songs like I do, I think there

Much of the impotence of American churches is tied to a profound ignorance and apathy

about justification. Our people live in a fog of guilt. Or just as bad, they think being a better person is all God requires. Kevin DeYoung I pay attention to how every makeup artist does everything. Gigi Hadid I had a brilliant trip to Mexico with my friend Ellie during my gap year. We thought we were being really cool and going off the beaten track while all our friends went to Thailand and Australia. The first beachside bar we walked into - there were two girls from my sixth form in there. Emily Berrington There is a qualitative difference between being a minority and being a majority. Majorities are stronger under psychological pressure because numbers count. But only if they are aware of it. Peter Abrahams I've realized that the most important thing I can do to look good is just treat myself well, whether it's getting a nice, long massage or just lying low and not going out every single night. Kim Cattrall Living organisms are created by chemistry. We are hu

My cousin was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy, and it's just a really tragic disease, and

as of yet there is no cure, so I feel I want to get it as much publicity to do it as I can. Nick Robinson Ever since the Meiji restoration in 1868, Japan has turned its back on Asia in general and China in particular: its pattern of aggression from 1895 onwards and the colonies that resulted were among the consequences. Martin Jacques When you read reviews on Yelp, you get a good sense of what's going to happen when you walk in the door of that business. The challenge is that there are fifteen million businesses in the U.S., and its very hard to communicate with all of them about how Yelp works, and why it works the way it does. Jeremy Stoppelman I go to assume a task more difficult than that which devolved upon Washington. Unless the great God, who assisted him, shall be with me and aid me, I must fail; but if the same omniscient mind and almighty arm that directed and protected him shall guide and support me, I shall not fail - I shall succeed. Abraham Lincoln What I

I would absolutely love to go back to the simplicity of the '80s, where there

wasn't texting, social media, iPhones, or smartphones. I love the fact that you would go home and check your messages. I'm not well suited to the world of modern technology. Matthew Rhys I like the performing. And interviews, even. And the stuff that's not sitting in a room by yourself with empty paper. But I never loved writing, to tell you the truth. Randy Newman When you break a sweat you just feel great. You've got your endorphins going. You feel better. You look better. And if you aren't able to get a workout in, try to find a steam room somewhere. You just look and feel so much better after a sweat. Nicole Scherzinger I grew up kind of a tomboy and I used to fight with all the neighborhood boys. Edie Falco I like the body. I like to design everything to do with the body. Gianni Versace I have always been a Malibu Man, like all actors. Nick Mancuso Love can consign us to hell or to paradise, but it always takes us somewhere. Paulo Coelho My

On the issues that I care deeply about - the environment, Roe vs. Wade, the

war in Iraq, with no weapons of mass destruction, the tax cuts that are now leading to deficits, I've got some deep issues with the president. Lincoln Chafee Few things are so deadly as a misguided sense of compassion. Charles Colson If we have no respect for our viewers, then how can we have any respect for ourselves and what we do? Christiane Amanpour Trips to the dentist - I like to postpone that kind of thing. Johnny Depp Glory paid to our ashes comes too late. Marcus Valerius Martial They wanted me to play third like Brooks so I did play like Brooks - Mel Brooks. Andy Van Slyke He who has never failed somewhere, that man can not be great. Herman Melville Ice-cream is exquisite - what a pity it isn't illegal. Voltaire

I've always believed certain things: You treat everybody nicely because, more than anything, it's the

right thing to do. And then you also never know when someone will be in position to help you or hurt you. I know I've gotten help from a lot of people who said good things about me because I treated them well. Jerry Reinsdorf Anti-New Deal rhetoric has never disappeared from American political life. Adam Cohen In all my years of baseball, I have always expected to be traded. I never liked the idea. Jackie Robinson To me, 'sexy' is a kind of beauty, a kind of self-expression, one that is to be celebrated. Emily Ratajkowski I thought I'd be doing weird, Off Broadway theater after I graduated. Laura Harrier I'm the classic case of a great player on a bad team, and it stinks. Paul Pierce I'm not a dreamer for, you know, 'I want to go to the moon someday.' I accomplished something when I was young, which was much more than I expected to. My results were much bigger than I ever dreamed about it. Nadia Comaneci The PKK is the number one thr

The thing I really love about film is there's a really big sense of teamwork,

and everyone has to do their job to the best of their ability to make the film work in the first place. Sarah Snook To send humans back to the moon would not be advancing. It would be more than 50 years after the first moon landing when we got there, and we'd probably be welcomed by the Chinese. But we should return to the moon without astronauts and build, with robots, an international lunar base, so that we know how to build a base on Mars robotically. Buzz Aldrin One of the first papers I wrote at the University of Wisconsin, in 1977, was on stem cells. I realized that if I changed the environment that these cells were in, I could turn the cells into bone, and if I changed the environment a bit more, they would form fat cells. Bruce Lipton Nobody is offered a World Cup. Abby Wambach Archaeology holds all the keys to understanding who we are and where we come from. Sarah Parcak I think performers are all show-offs anyway, especially musicians. Unless you show off,