Skip to main content

He saved the production a tremendous amount. Now they did the scene where Omar is

on the horse and he's in the deep snow, they went to Finland to do that. That scene they went to Finland for a week. I wasn't around then.
Rod Steiger

For me, as I suspect for most people, there comes a point where you have enough. If you've got £20 million, why keep going until you've got £100 million or £1,000 million? Does anyone need another vast yacht or private jet or a house full of gold?
Robert Harris

I know enough about European politics to know you've got a lot of crazy people who make their way onto the ballot.
Karl Rove

The stage is my territory, my boxing ring. That's where I'm free.
Mika

I'm a sucker for packaging!
Chloe Sevigny

Green Day was more of the influence than Blink.
Deryck Whibley

A good leader must be fair.
Yao Ming

The body never lies.
Martha Graham

What fascinates me are the turning points where history could have been different.
Hilary Mantel

Public speaking? I speak to myself on the street!
Eliot Spitzer

Gemeoss

I love the game, it's the greatest game on earth, that's why I can't understand

all of this talk about trying to make the game better. People talk about the high strike zone and changing this and that. Why? To speed up the game? That's the beauty of baseball. There is no time element. Eric Davis My dad also plays a little banjo and guitar, my mom plays the mandolin. Page McConnell I never set out to write prayers at all. But there was a span of time when I didn't find it easy to pray, but, when I went to write one of the things I had to write, a prayer would come. Gloria Gaither You can't get closer to the heart of national sovereignty than national security and intelligence services. Gijs de Vries A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. Otis Rush I think people often confuse success with fame and stardom. Brenda Blethyn The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. Harriet Ann Jacobs Live to learn, learn to live, then teach others. Dou

I'm a filmmaker. I'm always searching for the truth in everything I do. I demand

it from my writing partner and my crew, actors, and so hopefully, we're making people think. Lee Daniels Art brings a message into a room. It should make us perceive in a new way - either through color, form or narrative content - something we had not perceived before... and perhaps reveal something to you about yourself. Gloria Vanderbilt We all have choices we have to make, and with those choices come certain sacrifices. Hill Harper I'm so happy to be Tiffany Trump, happy to be in the family I'm in. Tiffany Trump The Barenboim Foundation has nothing to do with politics. Daniel Barenboim Once you go down a road, you take it through to the end. Peter Jackson I've been in enough positions to respect people with different views. Condoleezza Rice You can't get any better than TV on HBO, ABC and BBC3. Chris Lilley If you feel that there's the author and then the character, then the book is not working. People have a habit of identifying the a

I don't think men are that attracted by glamour. I think women are attracted by

glamour. I think men are attracted by a sense of friendship. Joanna Lumley I drive my family nuts because when I watch something on TV, I'm likely to watch it with a bass guitar. But I don't plug it in! Steve Capus I had always been a really peculiar child. My mom would tell you I grew up roughing it with the boys and playing with action figures and toy cars and stuff, but I also had an Easy Bake Oven... I find it amazing that in a really weird way, people are mad that they can't figure out my gender. Shamir When I'd hear something that sounded like I could follow it - most of those big band jazz tunes are blues anyway - I would hum it and play with the fiddle while I was humming. Johnny Gimble A lot of artists go in the studio and say, 'OK, whaddaya want me to do? Is it gonna be a hit? I'll do it. Is it gonna get played on the radio? I'll do it.' So they start makin' these songs, and they fall in the same tempo, same category, same this,

I went to Briar Cliff College initially, and then I transferred to Georgetown University, because

I was a Russian major, and I was one of two girls accepted that year. This was September 1969 - well, that would have been 1970 - into the School Of Languages And Linguistics in Georgetown. P. J. Soles My hair is such a statement that it's like a neon sign asking for trouble. Natasha Lyonne Style without content is bad style. Louis MacNeice The pinnacle of the fulfillment I can ever experience for my spirit and soul is to hear from the Lord, when I see Him face to face, 'Well done my good and faithful servant.' Nick Vujicic My job is to do. My job is to make women beautiful. What do I have to say? Alber Elbaz Hollywood is all made up, anyway. Especially the stories and angles that people want to pin on you. Nick Nolte That's one of the things you get when you're playing golf. You get bad backs, bad necks. Tom Watson I was raised in a very activist household so that I grew up surrounded by people who were activists. Pearl Cleage The market alw

I think it helps a lot when they tell people that Teri Hatcher likes you.

If you're Teri Hatcher's boyfriend, suddenly you're hunky I guess. I've spent 40 years being average and now I'm Teri hatcher's boyfriend and here we are. I've been really fortunate. James Denton Moreover, no one is judged from the natural man, thus not so long as he lives in the natural world, for man is then in a natural body; but everyone is judged in the spiritual man, and therefore when he comes into the spiritual world, for man is then in a spiritual body. Emanuel Swedenborg I am afraid that the ordinary citizen will not like to be told that the banks can and do create and destroy money. And they who control the credit of a nation direct the policy of governments, and hold in the hollow of their hands the destiny of the people. Richard McKenna The focus of Congress is on keeping the nation secure - and it doesn't see that food security is an essential part of that responsibility. Instead of putting more food on the tables of America, they

Much of the impotence of American churches is tied to a profound ignorance and apathy

about justification. Our people live in a fog of guilt. Or just as bad, they think being a better person is all God requires. Kevin DeYoung I pay attention to how every makeup artist does everything. Gigi Hadid I had a brilliant trip to Mexico with my friend Ellie during my gap year. We thought we were being really cool and going off the beaten track while all our friends went to Thailand and Australia. The first beachside bar we walked into - there were two girls from my sixth form in there. Emily Berrington There is a qualitative difference between being a minority and being a majority. Majorities are stronger under psychological pressure because numbers count. But only if they are aware of it. Peter Abrahams I've realized that the most important thing I can do to look good is just treat myself well, whether it's getting a nice, long massage or just lying low and not going out every single night. Kim Cattrall Living organisms are created by chemistry. We are hu

I want my little corner of the world where I get to make games where

you're not trying to win or lose; you're not trying to get a higher score - you are having unbelievable amounts of fun as you learn about yourself and the world. That's what games can do! Warren Spector If I wake up in the middle of the night and have an idea, I want to go to my computer and be able to do it. So I hired someone at Guitar Center to come over to my house and teach me Logic music program, and I learned it over a couple months. Rachel Platten To do this job, you really have to love what you're doing. Edward Kitsis I don't get recognised until I'm on stage, and then I can walk off and forget about it. It's great. Rick Astley Whatever age you think I am, you're probably right. Vanessa Ray I love coming of age stories that have struggle. Aaron Paul In an era of global value chains, worldwide sourcing and the never-ending search for new markets, we must be careful to avoid the proliferation of regional standards. A multilateral

You have to understand: the narrative that people have about business and capitalism is that

they are fundamentally selfish, greedy, and exploitative. Of course, I don't agree with that narrative. John Mackey Sometimes, you just have to clear your head and get out to see other things. It is very important to be nourished. I love to go to museums and galleries, I like to see theatre, film, dance - anything creative. It doesn't promise you inspiration, but it nourishes your creative soul, and that's good. Marc Jacobs When I was growing up, I don't remember being told that America was created so that everyone could get rich. I remember being told it was about opportunity and the pursuit of happiness. Not happiness itself, but the pursuit. Martin Scorsese Folk music is music that everyday people can play, and it inspired a lot of people to make their own music. That trailed into making your own pop music, and that's why garage bands started springing up everywhere. Arlo Guthrie I'm a real nature lover, so whenever possible, I like to get to the

I had almost forgotten to tell you that I have already been to the Parliament

House; and yet this is of most importance. For, had I seen nothing else in England but this, I should have thought my journey thither amply rewarded. Karl Philipp Moritz Most of the time I feel stupid, insensitive, mediocre, talentless and vulnerable - like I'm about to cry any second - and wrong. I've found that when that happens, it usually means I'm writing pretty well, pretty deeply, pretty rawly. Andre Dubus III Looking forward, it might prove constructive to examine the true historical record of an issue prior to assuming the worst of anyone's motive and deconstructing and questioning anyone's Democratic bona fides. After all, we liberals got feelings. Gary Ackerman I loved that these two guys argued with each other as if movies actually mattered. Nobody I knew talked about movies that way, but Siskel and Ebert took each movie as it came and talked about whether it was a success on its own terms. Sarah Vowell The waltz can be sad and at the same ti

'No one can make you successful; the will to success comes from within.' I've

  made this my motto. I've internalized it to the point of understanding that the success of my actions and/or endeavors doesn't depend on anyone else, and that includes a possible failure. Fabrizio Moreira We owe a lot when it comes to women in terms of innovation, in terms of education, in terms of progression in life. Aldis Hodge It is literally painful to watch Rick Perry as a candidate. James Carville I was a pretty free-spirited kid. I was part of a notorious group of troublemakers who didn't do well in school but had a great time exploring Beijing from the inside out. Chloe Zhao You should definitely stay true to your own style. Megan Mullally When my dad died, my world crumbled. Lukas Forchhammer It's not like you can say, 'This is the right side and this is the wrong side,' because obviously, a happy person is never going to want to inflict pain on somebody else. So the bullies are really victims themselves and yada, yada, yada, pop psychology, but it&#