Skip to main content

If I didn't start singing in the cabarets and on my albums, I could have

never even tried something like 'Capone.'
Danny Aiello

My mother was a teacher, and when she wanted to show me art and literature and science, she'd take me to museums, parks and free exhibitions.
David Blaine

I was still thought of as a kid actor even though I was in my mid twenties.
Tommy Rettig

I want to be a good human being.
Jeremy Renner

My mum says that I was born 45, and I do remember at six thinking that I should be earning my own living.
Keira Knightley

The older you get, the more you learn.
Martina Hingis

The truth is, no one pays more tax than they have to.
Ken Livingstone

I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then.
Jimmy Buffett

Don't be too proud to take lessons. I'm not.
Jack Nicklaus

I can be very passionate but I also have a bit of a hot temper - when pushed.
Rachel Stevens

Gemeoss

Art is built on the deepest themes of human meaning: good and evil, beauty and

ugliness, life and death, love and hate. No other story has incarnated those themes more than the story of Jesus. John Ortberg Acting is not a mystery. There's nothing that I know that other actors don't know. We all act, we're all actors, we all know the same thing. The only thing that separates us is experience. Vincent D'Onofrio Surely, it's one of terrorism's intended effects, to literally stun our morale, to blow up strength and will along with buildings, and the reaction is hard to counter. Caroline Knapp The Internet empowers individuals to play a more active role in the political process, as Obama's campaign has manifested. Al Gore Nixon's full term was one of the most successful in U.S. history, which is why he was re-elected by the largest plurality in the country's history. Conrad Black I know so many people who actually just watch television on their computers now and don't even really watch their TV anymore. Busy Phil

To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain

a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality. Ayn Rand We don't want privacy so much as privacy settings. Meghan Daum I was always curious about the anxiety a person would feel when you open your mouth and you have an accent. You could have a Ph.D. or be a lawyer, but as soon as you say something, you may be diminished in the eyes of someone else. Dinaw Mengestu One important lesson is this: It is okay to try and fail at something, but it isn't okay to not try. Parents need to encourage their kids, and it all starts in the home. Bill Rancic I see a really good tag on a building, a man passed out in the middle of the street, a couple hugging, a cop arresting a panhandler. I'm interested in how all these things are happening in one block. Barry McGee I like loud snare, and I like really treble-y guitars, and that's just never going to change. Kathleen Hanna Art is for healing ourselves, and everybody needs

If we are to perpetuate the state, we must not only produce citizens, but good

citizens - men and women of sound bodies, clear minds and clean souls. Arthur Capper Modern Orthodoxy has a highly positive attitude toward the State of Israel. Our Ultra-Orthodox brethren recognize only the Holy Land, but not the state. Norman Lamm I met a lot of great people in Saudi Arabia and I'd like to see them again. And I'd love to spend more time in the desert and in the mountains. I felt really at home there. Dave Eggers The trap for an actor is that you become too successful at what you're trying to do, and you can find yourself stuck there. Ben Affleck Plays are always about intense relationships, whether they're intense love relationships or family relationships or existential relationships. David Ives When you are 20, 40 looks really old. When I was nearing 30, that seemed like a major milestone. Catherine Zeta-Jones I'd like to meet a nice girl and leave all those 'hottest bachelor' lists behind. Jesse Metcalfe Only 10 per

I've had five weddings but if I'm really honest and if I count significant de

factos... I've had nine husbands... which sounds appalling but when you consider I started at 18 and I'm 65 it's not so bad. Jacki Weaver My own funeral, I'd like to be laid out in a coffin in my own house. I would like my coffin to be put in the double parlor, and I would like all the flowers to be white. Anne Rice We needed time off from each other after our last tour because there was a lot of personal stuff we had to take care of. Eddie needed hip replacement surgery. Al needed his back worked on. And I was going to have a baby. Sammy Hagar People forget the punk thing was really good for women. It motivated them to pick up a guitar rather than be a chanteuse. It allowed us to be aggressive. Siouxsie Sioux I see myself as a journalist reporting neglected stories about our past and trying to bring rigor, reason and intuition to the quest. Graham Hancock One I've been passionately committed to, of course, is women's ministry; I believe solidly i

In the future, when people look back at the early days of Bitcoin, they'll say, 'It was so

 obvious that the ability to move money anywhere, instantly, at near-zero cost would be a huge success. Adam Draper I put down the camera long ago, you know? I was here in London, aged 19, and I was obsessed with my camera, shooting everything I could. Then someone stole it. It helped me to see things for the first time. Forest Whitaker I hate the idea that people should listen to what actors have to say on certain issues more than anyone else. Actors have no more right to be heard than anyone. Gemma Chan It's such a complicated thing to put a movie together. The book world is so much simpler. Arthur Slade I started playing guitar when I was 13. I'd written a few songs on the guitar over some time. I'd written a book of poetry, and I got a book of lyrics that I had when I was a kid. Lewis Hamilton My time with the WEC was great for me; it was great to be able to get big-show experience, headline fight-cards, and fight for world titles. Donald Cerrone I probably didn't t

America's demographic shift was obvious to everyone in the 2010 Census - but Republicans stubbornly

rejected math, facts, and polls to their electoral peril. While Republicans tailored their platform by and for the pale stale and male, among us, Obama and Democrats are embracing America's diverse mosaic. Christine Pelosi The more irrational of us are worried about the millennium ending - as if a date would really matter. Sting I think it's important to be honest with yourself about what you want and it's important to be honest with your partner about what you need. Alison Brie A great pickup line is one I don't even notice. It has me connecting with you, laughing, having a good time. And that definitely gets my attention. Jennifer Morrison I'd always loved poetry and I'd always loved writing music and composing music, but I hadn't thought of putting the two together until around that time. Bruce Cockburn In 1993 my birthday present was a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. Annette Funicello Once you find you can't walk as far and as

Mercury emissions will continue to harm the environment and to endanger the health of children

and pregnant women, until this Administration puts public health before politics. Mark Dayton You know, there was not much wire work for any of us actors to do because the extent of what they did was so huge. I mean, they wouldn't just throw you from this table to that wall. Julian McMahon It's a play where something went wrong, 'Cause it's five hours, twelve minutes long. If you sit there, my friend, From beginning 'til end, Then your bladder better be strong! Allan Sherman Let me tell you I am better acquainted with you for a long absence, as men are with themselves for a long affliction: absence does but hold off a friend, to make one see him the truer. Ovid Research shows that parents are the single biggest influence on children - if you are worried about your teen and drugs, talk to them. John Walters I actually was class clown, but I don't know how that happened because I've never been considered an outwardly funny person-as the people i

It's rather fun writing a female spy, because she has so much more kit. Bond

never carried a hair dryer or a makeup bag. And he certainly didn't wear an uplift bra. Helen Fielding What is nobler than a man wresting and wringing his bread from the stubborn soil by the sweat of his brow and the break of his back for his wife and children! William Morris Hunt A government institution called the Finnish Film Foundation funds filmmaking there, and I wrote several screenplays but never got any money. They were sent back to me, and they said that they were too commercial for them. Renny Harlin This is the lesson that history teaches: repetition. Gertrude Stein The problem of the Middle East is poverty more than politics. Shimon Peres Don't follow a trend. Follow your heart. Krist Novoselic On the stage, you have to find truth, even if you have to lose the audience. Anthony Quinn I don't care about my image. Jean Dujardin I don't date my girlfriend because she's a model. I date her because I love her. Adam Levine Life is o

Even though God loves us, we still have a problem: sin. It's important for us

to learn how to confront sin and overcome it, because while God loves sinners, He hates sin. And He hates it because of what it does to us and how it keeps us from the abundant life Jesus died to give us. Joyce Meyer Mass killing has very clearly not been eliminated, nor has the 'international community' developed a response that will avert it or bring it to a quick end. Elliott Abrams I miss Brighton enormously, enormously. There is so much I miss, including rain. I miss the verdant countryside. Cate Blanchett I'm asked all the time, 'Doesn't it feel great to finish the novel?' And the answer to that is, 'No.' It's sort of a loss to stop a 10-year project, which is an imaginary project in the sense that it's a work of my imagination. Bob Shacochis I love TV, don't get me wrong. But with film, you're just banging out this one product, and you're not waiting on another script. You have your script. It's great in that wa

My earliest influence was Quincy Jones. I thought 'The Wiz' soundtrack was the most amazing

thing I'd ever heard. It was my first record and you had Michael Jackson, Ted Ross, Nipsey Russell and Diana Ross on it. I even took it to show and tell in third grade! Jill Scott A lot of people ask me why I don't expand and explore other musical areas, but I like the plain three- and four-chord rock-and-roll that I call the the semi-blues. Joan Jett Everyone wants to belong, or be a part of something bigger than themselves, but it's important to follow your heart and be true to yourself in the process. Emily Giffin 'Men don't cry!' 'Women can't handle money!' What limiting ideas to live with. Louise L. Hay Looking in the mirror to check if my tie is straight is a waste of my time. I only look in the mirror once a day, and that's in the morning when I shave. Lennart Meri The only sport I'm not interested in is horse racing. That's because I don't know the horses personally. Nat King Cole I think to make any relation