Skip to main content

I'm a pacifist. I believe there are ways to solve the world's problems. Instead of

putting all this money to create arms, I think countries should invest in scholarships for kids to study abroad. Perhaps they could become good and knowledgeable professors in their own countries. You need time for that kind of change, though.
Marjane Satrapi

My memorization skills aren't that great so I need help in that area. As far as everything else, I listen to the director. I'm someone who doesn't argue. I hit my marks and say the lines.
Robert Morse

I got very carried away with my 'Harry Potter' life and we did have school but I didn't study. I just had fun.
Evanna Lynch

'Step Brothers' itself, when I did it, I don't know if I had any idea that it would become a defining moment in my career and life like it has, and I'm really happy that that's the one that ended up being that for me.
Adam Scott

I don't really like labels in politics, but I will gladly accept the label of conservatism.
Marco Rubio

If Uncle Martin were here today, he would surely commend us for giving honor where honor is due.
Alveda King

I haven't had that one great love, which is good. I don't want that to be in the past - I want it to be in the future.
Taylor Swift

Physical rehab is often very, very hard work.
David Copperfield

When I was in high school, I had binders with pictures of tour buses.
Hunter Hayes

Be bold and boast, just like the cock beside the hen.
Aeschylus

Gemeoss

I love the game, it's the greatest game on earth, that's why I can't understand

all of this talk about trying to make the game better. People talk about the high strike zone and changing this and that. Why? To speed up the game? That's the beauty of baseball. There is no time element. Eric Davis My dad also plays a little banjo and guitar, my mom plays the mandolin. Page McConnell I never set out to write prayers at all. But there was a span of time when I didn't find it easy to pray, but, when I went to write one of the things I had to write, a prayer would come. Gloria Gaither You can't get closer to the heart of national sovereignty than national security and intelligence services. Gijs de Vries A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. Otis Rush I think people often confuse success with fame and stardom. Brenda Blethyn The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. Harriet Ann Jacobs Live to learn, learn to live, then teach others. Dou

Holloway Prison is a very old place, and it has the disadvantages of old places

which have never known enough air and sunshine. It reeks with the odours of generations of bad ventilation, and it contrives to be at once the stuffiest and the draughtiest building I have ever been in. Emmeline Pankhurst I was really trying to sell to people who hate jazz: to make a case for the art form as youthful and energetic, not the sort of rarified intellectual activity it's painted as. Damien Chazelle Personally, sometimes I'll lament the journey of an Asian-American actor, walking into audition rooms in 1999. Kelvin Yu When I was a little kid, it was not uncommon for a cousin or an uncle, before they would even say 'Hello,' to gush, 'You know, your mother's brisket is just incredible; it's so good.' That was an inspiration for creating a love song in that well-worn terrain of the relationship between a Jewish boy and his mother. Rick Moranis I happen to be the kind of reader who, if I like something, I don't want it to end. Gar

I think it helps a lot when they tell people that Teri Hatcher likes you.

If you're Teri Hatcher's boyfriend, suddenly you're hunky I guess. I've spent 40 years being average and now I'm Teri hatcher's boyfriend and here we are. I've been really fortunate. James Denton Moreover, no one is judged from the natural man, thus not so long as he lives in the natural world, for man is then in a natural body; but everyone is judged in the spiritual man, and therefore when he comes into the spiritual world, for man is then in a spiritual body. Emanuel Swedenborg I am afraid that the ordinary citizen will not like to be told that the banks can and do create and destroy money. And they who control the credit of a nation direct the policy of governments, and hold in the hollow of their hands the destiny of the people. Richard McKenna The focus of Congress is on keeping the nation secure - and it doesn't see that food security is an essential part of that responsibility. Instead of putting more food on the tables of America, they

Much of the impotence of American churches is tied to a profound ignorance and apathy

about justification. Our people live in a fog of guilt. Or just as bad, they think being a better person is all God requires. Kevin DeYoung I pay attention to how every makeup artist does everything. Gigi Hadid I had a brilliant trip to Mexico with my friend Ellie during my gap year. We thought we were being really cool and going off the beaten track while all our friends went to Thailand and Australia. The first beachside bar we walked into - there were two girls from my sixth form in there. Emily Berrington There is a qualitative difference between being a minority and being a majority. Majorities are stronger under psychological pressure because numbers count. But only if they are aware of it. Peter Abrahams I've realized that the most important thing I can do to look good is just treat myself well, whether it's getting a nice, long massage or just lying low and not going out every single night. Kim Cattrall Living organisms are created by chemistry. We are hu

I had almost forgotten to tell you that I have already been to the Parliament

House; and yet this is of most importance. For, had I seen nothing else in England but this, I should have thought my journey thither amply rewarded. Karl Philipp Moritz Most of the time I feel stupid, insensitive, mediocre, talentless and vulnerable - like I'm about to cry any second - and wrong. I've found that when that happens, it usually means I'm writing pretty well, pretty deeply, pretty rawly. Andre Dubus III Looking forward, it might prove constructive to examine the true historical record of an issue prior to assuming the worst of anyone's motive and deconstructing and questioning anyone's Democratic bona fides. After all, we liberals got feelings. Gary Ackerman I loved that these two guys argued with each other as if movies actually mattered. Nobody I knew talked about movies that way, but Siskel and Ebert took each movie as it came and talked about whether it was a success on its own terms. Sarah Vowell The waltz can be sad and at the same ti

The quality of my life has changed dramatically - not the events - but the

way I handle them and my priorities and my sense of drama. Ali MacGraw Imagine - four years you could have spent travelling around Europe meeting people, or going to the Far East of Africa or India, meeting people, exchanging ideas, reading all you wanted to anyway, and instead I wasted it at Roosevelt. Shel Silverstein If you compulsively pun you are called a paronomasiac. Tim Vine You cannot find peace by avoiding life. Virginia Woolf The greater the effort, the greater the glory. Pierre Corneille Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously. Alex Trebek The only person I've had sex with on Jersey Shore is my boyfriend. Nicole Polizzi I was not a very fearful kid, really. Clive Owen I do not like violence. Abdurrahman Wahid My beauty icons are women whose images are self-created. Dita Von Teese

I'm a filmmaker. I'm always searching for the truth in everything I do. I demand

it from my writing partner and my crew, actors, and so hopefully, we're making people think. Lee Daniels Art brings a message into a room. It should make us perceive in a new way - either through color, form or narrative content - something we had not perceived before... and perhaps reveal something to you about yourself. Gloria Vanderbilt We all have choices we have to make, and with those choices come certain sacrifices. Hill Harper I'm so happy to be Tiffany Trump, happy to be in the family I'm in. Tiffany Trump The Barenboim Foundation has nothing to do with politics. Daniel Barenboim Once you go down a road, you take it through to the end. Peter Jackson I've been in enough positions to respect people with different views. Condoleezza Rice You can't get any better than TV on HBO, ABC and BBC3. Chris Lilley If you feel that there's the author and then the character, then the book is not working. People have a habit of identifying the a

Comedies are just never that expensive quite frankly. They really aren't. We aren't doing green

screen shooting, so even Hangover II in Bangkok might seem like it's expensive, you're flying over and back, but they're just not that expensive to make when you do it the way we do it which is very focused and I've done it before. Todd Phillips In 2010, my two Harvard mathematician colleagues and I dismantled kin-selection theory, which was the reigning theory of the origin of altruism at the time. E. O. Wilson This nation is like a spring freshet; it overruns its banks and destroys all who are in its path. Sitting Bull I'm the most low-maintenance person on the road. Lee Ann Womack I have to convince myself I know what I'm doing. Joe Namath I was an expert horseman. Harry Carey, Jr. Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. Aldo Leopold I have spoken to a whole group of millionaires, head executives at Microsoft. Boy did I chew those guys out. Jack LaLanne Violence was almost an aphrodisiac for me. Woody Harrelson Any

I use myself as the barometer to gauge what is scary. I like to think if something

  scares me, then there's a very good chance an audience will feel the same way. James Wan I fought from the time I was eight years old, sometimes three, four fights a night. We did it to eat, and we did it because we were just tough kids. Jake LaMotta Whether I'm pursuing a story or conducting an interview or I'm at the bakery implementing policy and procedure, I have a team who is looking to me. I think my persona is the same for both jobs - perhaps a little bit more in command with the bakery. I say that only because we have so many more employees, and ultimately I make every single decision. Elizabeth Chambers I think there are some liberals who are extremely biased about Fox News and wish to shun it or wish to criticize any liberal who appears on Fox News. That, to me, is not a particularly liberal attitude. Alan Colmes Life is tough, and things don't always work out well, but we should be brave and go on with our lives. Suga Literature is a house with many mansion

'No one can make you successful; the will to success comes from within.' I've

  made this my motto. I've internalized it to the point of understanding that the success of my actions and/or endeavors doesn't depend on anyone else, and that includes a possible failure. Fabrizio Moreira We owe a lot when it comes to women in terms of innovation, in terms of education, in terms of progression in life. Aldis Hodge It is literally painful to watch Rick Perry as a candidate. James Carville I was a pretty free-spirited kid. I was part of a notorious group of troublemakers who didn't do well in school but had a great time exploring Beijing from the inside out. Chloe Zhao You should definitely stay true to your own style. Megan Mullally When my dad died, my world crumbled. Lukas Forchhammer It's not like you can say, 'This is the right side and this is the wrong side,' because obviously, a happy person is never going to want to inflict pain on somebody else. So the bullies are really victims themselves and yada, yada, yada, pop psychology, but it&#