Skip to main content

The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to

notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.
R. D. Laing

If there's no inner peace, people can't give it to you. The husband can't give it to you. Your children can't give it to you. You have to give it to you.
Linda Evans

This magnificent butterfly finds a little heap of dirt and sits still on it; but man will never on his heap of mud keep still.
Joseph Conrad

I feel a lot more secure about the directions I take, than I might have, had I not practiced Buddhism.
Herbie Hancock

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
Morton Feldman

Advertising is the very essence of democracy.
Anton Chekhov

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage, or of principle.
Confucius

Gemeoss

My uncle inspired me, and it was because of him that I become a wrestler,

but besides him, the one Superstar that really caught my attention growing up as a kid was 'Macho Man' Randy Savage.Rey Mysterio It's clear that Planned Parenthood went out of its way to paint me as some sort of a zealot - a Trojan-horse zealot who came into Komen and within 10 to 11 months had completely turned the place upside down. That's clearly not who I am, and it's not what happened.Karen Handel Once you become president, you don't even have to stop for red lights. And if it looks like traffic's too bad, you just take a helicopter.H. W. Brands From Julia Child to 'The Galloping Gourmet' and the Food Channel and Cooking Channel, our fascination with the spectacle of cooking has been a mainstay of TV entertainment.Chuck Norris I want to love. I want to enjoy life.David Cassidy The mistake we made in the 1990s was overestimating the potential of NAFTA's positive impact.William M. Daley I was set to confront the might of the

Years ago nobody was elected on the economic ticket. It was either the education platform,

or it was health or it was other issues. It is only recently that economic values have superceded every other human value. Anita Roddick The physical fabric of the world had to be such as to enable that ten billion year preliminary evolution to produce the raw materials of life. Without it there would not have been the chemical materials to allow life to evolve here on earth. John Polkinghorne I respect the Hall of Fame, and if they think that I'm worthy enough, I would be very honored. And if they don't, I gave it all that I had to this game. Rafael Palmeiro I'm pleased the administration is endorsing the need for legislation dealing with the chemical sector. In the past, the administration's position has been ambiguous. Susan Collins When I was 12 years old, I was hanging out with 23-year-olds. I was into cartoons and Pokemon, and they're all talking about girls. It was a strange way to grow up. Shaun White I read everything. I've always got a b

The higher mental development of woman, the less possible it is for her to meet

a congenial male who will see in her, not only sex, but also the human being, the friend, the comrade and strong individuality, who cannot and ought not lose a single trait of her character. Emma Goldman We had every kind of audience you could name. Young, old, not-so-old, some older than old, some younger than young: they were there, they were there! There was everything. John Hunter Music is something that always lifts my spirits and makes me happy, and when I make music I always hope it will have the same effect on whoever listens to it. Aaron Carter God is not disillusioned with us. He never had any illusions to begin with. Luis Palau Genre is a bookstore problem, not a literary problem. Rick Moody We are the recorders and reporters of facts - not the judges of the behaviors we describe. Alfred Kinsey Power has only one duty - to secure the social welfare of the People. Benjamin Disraeli

One of the worst things about being an actor, besides people being nice to you

and getting free stuff all the time - but really, one of the worst things is not knowing what's coming next. You could shoot a pilot, and they could have you on hold for six months waiting to find out what is going to happen with the show, and you're locked into it. Nick Kroll What, I sometimes wonder, would it be like if I lived in a country where winter is a matter of a few chilly days and a few weeks' rain; where the sun is never far away, and the flowers bloom all year long? Anna Neagle Of course there have been times I regretted being the kid in 'E.T.' My world went completely crazy. I was that stupid kind of famous, where you can't go anywhere. Henry Thomas A lot of the stuff I have done had been not only the likable guy, but like the nice likable guy. Ron Livingston It doesn't have to be a problem for children to be fat, but it does affect you: you aren't as happy in that skin. Harry Melling They always want me to play myself and th

I've become wary of interviews in which you're forced to go back over the reasons

why you made certain decisions. You tend to rationalize what you've done, to intellectually review a process that is often intuitive. Peter Weir With this first novel, I am just above the foothills, but I see the path to the top, and it is my desire to write compelling stories about everything that I find of interest. Guy Johnson Even though the vast majority of my work was outside television, the amount of creation and inventing that went into the TV shows was non stop and, unknown to me, a great strain. Paul Daniels Black women, whose experience is unique, are seldom recognized as a particular social-cultural entity and are seldom thought to be important enough for serious scholarly consideration. Barbara Smith I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it. Michael Phelps Either you write songs or you don't. And if you do write songs like I do, I think there

I was always under the impression that acting is an innate gift. One of the

first things I heard them say at Koothu-P-Pattarai was that actors should realise the art of acting through their training. Vijay Sethupathi I remember auditioning for 'Moulin Rouge!,' the part that Ewan McGregor played. I was so young: I was literally just out of college. Tobias Menzies When you have an opportunity to do a series, you want to stick it out. You don't know when you're going to get another one like that again. Cleavant Derricks I am a really great daughter. Millie Bobby Brown Let us fight until the end. Let me try at least that - fight. Pep Guardiola You can have an idea that everyone else thinks is dumb, and it's still a good idea. Ryan North When there is a ring on my finger, which is actually given to me, then I'll tell the world. Till then, no one can claim me. Priyanka Chopra You need not fear my extinction. Fear my proliferation! I've already reproduced! Lydia Millet We are at a point in our nation's history w

I think you have to take each movie for its own value. There will be

those you'll roll your eyes over and others you can't wait to see. It all has to do with the intention. If someone's intention is just to make money and exploit something for profit, then it's not good. If it's thoughtfully done, the proof's in the pudding.Carrie-Anne Moss I basically applied to law school as a way of telling my parents that I wasn't going to medical school.John Delaney At a certain point, if you still have your marbles and are not faced with serious financial challenges, you have a chance to put your house in order. It's a cliche, but it's underestimated as an analgesic on all levels. Putting your house in order, if you can do it, is one of the most comforting activities, and the benefits of it are incalculable.Leonard Cohen I simply love coming to Chennai. My wife always complains, saying, 'You literally run at the mention of Chennai - I wonder what it is about that place!' I love how everyone is active here 24/7.

In a hyper-capitalist environment dominated by media giants, the means available to independent journalism have

narrowed considerably. Nayef Al-Rodhan I wasn't a bad kid. My dad left when I was young, so I didn't have much discipline, not that I'm making excuses. I was always out and about and had a good time as a kid, so I've done alright. Danny Dyer I think I just stick to eating a well-rounded diet. I don't cut out anything; if I crave something, I eat it. But I definitely try to stick to a balanced diet always. Martha Hunt If I had been in President Obama's shoes, I would have acted more decisively and strongly against ISIS. Rand Paul Me and heels are very good friends. Emilia Clarke The conscience can be a strong guide in life if we allow it. Joyce Meyer Horseracing and ranch horses are two different animals. You're getting race horses out and running and running them. It can be really problematic. A thoroughbred's very delicate. Dennis Quaid I do value the respect I get from my contemporaries, but to have Oasis cover my song, to have Puf

In the spiritual body moreover, man appears such as he is with respect to love

and faith, for everyone in the spiritual world is the effigy of his own love, not only as to the face and the body, but also as to the speech and the actions. Emanuel Swedenborg No, the people standing before Christ and Pilate during the judgment scene do not condemn an entire race for the death of Christ anymore than the actions of Mussolini condemn all Italians, or the heinous crimes of Stalin condemn all Russians. Jim Caviezel If only Queen Elizabeth II had the intellectual, political and linguistic skills of Queen Elizabeth I, many people would support giving her some of the powers of an elected president. A. N. Wilson I'll always write music. Whether I release a record, whether I let the public hear it or not, I'm always writing music. Brian McKnight I touched an Oscar once. Friend of mine has one, for writing. As soon as I touched it, he said, Now you'll never win one. Rob Corddry The Blair government has lowered the standing of politics and politicians

Now I know that I should take better care of myself when I'm under an

intense deadline, or else my body is gonna act in certain ways that are not good. Tyra Banks It has endless possibilities, and but what we do with our arrangements, we move the borders of cello playing and discover new ways of new techniques of cello playing. Luka Sulic The most surprising thing, honestly, is that so few Americans know about the orphan trains. I was also surprised at the resilience and fortitude of the riders I met, their pragmatism and grace. I don't know whether this is a Midwestern trait or simply a human one. Christina Baker Kline OkCupid has users from 18 to 80 on the site. And we get to observe all of their actions. We get to watch how they use the site, how they interact with other people. Sam Yagan If you read any of my books, they tend to have a strong historical perspective. Eric Kandel My nickname is Dickie Jukebox. I own thousands and thousands and thousands of songs. Richard Simmons I do love the music aspect of the Internet. The Inte