Skip to main content

There has been a huge advance in technology, which has improved the safety of the

cars incredibly, but there are still some heavy crash impacts and in certain circumstances there is still the chance of fire today.
Jackie Stewart

Everybody has their thing. I think you can always do what you like.
Loretta Swit

It is capitalist America that produced the modern independent woman. Never in history have women had more freedom of choice in regard to dress, behavior, career, and sexual orientation.
Camille Paglia

In so doing, use him as though you loved him.
Izaak Walton

Political necessities sometime turn out to be political mistakes.
George Bernard Shaw

Gemeoss

That's where I got my start and where I'll continue to work, but I can't

tell you the number of films between Drugstore Cowboy and Curly Sue that I auditioned for and wanted that didn't choose me. Kelly Lynch I haven't spoken English with native speakers in several months. I've been speaking Arabic. John Walker Lindh Today you can't go by the titles of the shows to know what the content of the show may be. Donna Douglas It hinders the creative work of the mind if the intellect examines too closely the ideas as they pour in. Friedrich Schiller We create our own unhappiness. The purpose of suffering is to help us understand we are the ones who cause it. Willie Nelson We all want peace. Unfortunately, there are times when peace must be defended by fighting terror and tyranny. James H. Douglas, Jr. It is hard to say why politicians are called servants, unless it is because a good one is hard to find. Gerald F. Lieberman

I made a Christmas album a couple of years ago and just put it out

on my Web site. It kind of smacked of this flavor. All of the reviews said it was Western swing even when it was Christmas standards. Suzy Bogguss Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown. William Shakespeare To be a good draftsman was to me a blessing. John James Audubon As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two. Norman Wisdom Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. Louise L. Hay We have two evils to fight, capitalism and racism. We must destroy both racism and capitalism. Huey Newton Talk ought always to run obliquely, not nose to nose with no chance of mental escape. Frank Moore Colby

'No Child Left Behind' requires states and school districts to ensure that all

students are learning and are reaching their highest potential. Special education students should not be left out of these accountability mechanisms. Dianne Feinstein You couldn't have done this without killing an Arab prince. Michael Scheuer I'm a horrible public speaker. Bill Condon Both mind and heart when given up to reveries and dreaminess, have a thousand avenues open for the entrance of evil. Charles Simmons The last suit that you wear, you don't need any pockets. Wayne Dyer It is great wealth to a soul to live frugally with a contented mind. Lucretius How can you practice dancing in an airplane? There's a law against it. George Murphy

I can't really recall the first time I was noticed by a producer but the

first time I was on television was doing Daytime for Another World, which I started in December '75 and went until December '76. Ted Shackelford Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there. Andrew Jackson So I went way too in depth? I thought they wanted the hole by hole. Trent Dilfer My early and invincible love of reading I would not exchange for all the riches of India. Edward Gibbon Reason is the enemy of faith. Martin Luther When I'm not hitting, I don't hit nobody. But, when I'm hitting, I hit anybody. Willie Mays Whoever is detected in a shameful fraud is ever after not believed even if they speak the truth. Phaedrus

I am more of a New Yorker than ever and just actually, sometimes I fantasize

about living somewhere else, where it's maybe not quite so crowded or stressful, blah, blah, blah and after September 11th, I guess I could just not imagine living anywhere else. Sigourney Weaver The people who are competing business-wise out there want what other successful labels and artists have. I don't want what they have; I want my own path, my own sound, my own identity. Record labels care nothing about identity or artistic freedom, they want good business. Joe Nichols I learned, too, how it was possible with the help of the picture and action to transform an apparently insignificant violin passage into an incident, and to lift a simple horn call into a thing of stupendous significance by means of scenic emphasis. Anton Seidl We are not angels, we are merely sophisticated apes. Yet we feel like angels trapped inside the bodies of beasts, craving transcendence and all the time trying to spread our wings and fly off, and it's really a very odd predicament to b...

Gay rights is just a matter of time. Look at the polls. Worrying about gay

marriage, let alone gay civil unions or gay employment rights, is a middle-age issue. Young people just can't see the problem. At worst, gays are going to win this one just by waiting until the opposition dies off. Gail Collins I did a show called 'Wonderland' a few years back, and I was fortunate enough to spend a full-on two weeks - I'm talking 13-15 hours a day - with the doctors and patients at Bellevue in New York. That served me well for 'Durham County.' Michelle Forbes Ultimately as a leader, you're evaluated on how you interact with people. If you do it well, you develop a reputation as effective leader. If you don't, you develop a reputation for being a highly ineffective leader. Douglas Conant 'Bombing Afghanistan back into the Stone Age' was quite a favourite headline for some wobbly liberals. The slogan does all the work. But an instant's thought shows that Afghanistan is being, if anything, bombed out of the Stone Age. ...

The income tax is a twentieth-century socialist experiment that has failed. Before the income tax

was imposed on us just 80 years ago, government had no claim to our income. Only sales, excise, and tariff taxes were allowed. Alan Keyes In the time honored tradition of email, just ignore the question. John Dobbin The universe extends beyond the mind of man, and is more complex than the small sample one can study. Kenneth L. Pike All the efforts of the human mind cannot exhaust the essence of a single fly. Thomas Aquinas Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it. Wayne Dyer A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language. W. H. Auden I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection. Sigmund Freud

The biggest difference between L.A. and my hometown in Georgia is when Georgia goes to

sleep, L.A. wakes up. So, like, in LaGrange, when people are going to sleep at 10, 11 to get up in the morning, we're just getting dressed to go out. Elijah Kelley It's the invincible arrogance of Europe's elites that gets me. These are people who have seen the euro collapse. These are people who are presiding over a migration crisis on their borders, and yet do they ever acknowledge that they need to change? No. They say they need more integration, more of our money, more control over this country. Michael Gove Every social media post should have a beautiful graphic. If there are two identical stories, the one with the beautiful graphic will always win. Guy Kawasaki I'm training at Phase 1 Sports in Las Vegas, and it's a very high-end training facility for a lot of top-level athletes. I have been able to add a lot of power and the endurance to keep that power going. I've always been powerful, but the muscle conditioning I've been able to add has be...

My first interest in baseball is the welfare of baseball itself. My second is the

Cincinnati Reds, and my third is Warren Giles. Warren Giles The Seahawks, their front office gets in the media; they talk a lot. Marshawn Lynch Food is important for me, but as a restaurant group, to expand, you know, we have to look where the best market are - where the best markets are. Jean-Georges Vongerichten Millions of years ago, our brains became wired to remember about 150 people as 'close friends.' Peter Diamandis I don't like when a song goes from one mood to another unless it's going to be out of sight. Britt Daniel I'm sometimes a cartoonist, and there's an audience for that, and I'm sometimes an illustrator, and there's an audience for that. Adrian Tomine I love to give. I've been a giver all my life. Tyler Perry I'm sure if Shakespeare were alive today, he'd be doing classic guitar solos on YouTube. Peter Capaldi

The difference between Tinted Windows and Hanson shows is a lot of just repertoire. Hanson

has been a band for years - we have a lot of songs to pull from and it's a different dynamic - a common kind of thread. With Tinted Windows - it's kind of a little like 'hey, we're this new band.' Taylor Hanson Is the U.S. better or is the world better? Is the U.S. better off today than we were four years ago? Obviously not, economically not. I think our stature in the world is not the same. Montel Williams My kids have moved more in their twenties, you know, than my parents have moved in nearly 40-something years of marriage before they died. So there's a part of me that laments what we have lost, and that is a sense of community. Mike Huckabee Traditionally, duos get accused of lots of things. Daryl Hall To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity. Nelson Mandela Well the first order of government is to preserve the public order and safety. Bob Wise Getting stopped for drunk driving in those days might mean that your entir...