Skip to main content

I praise the Lord here today. I know that all my talent and all my

ability comes from him, and without him I'm nothing and I thank him for his great blessing.
Ernie Harwell

I was in choir in school. I kind of just did it. I already knew I wanted to sing. My music program in my school wasn't really great - people didn't really want to be part of the choir, they didn't want to do the plays and stuff like that. It definitely wasn't the cool thing to do.
Lea Michele

The Republican Party is in charge. They've been charge of the Congress and spending for 10 years.
Chaka Fattah

It's time for artists to take their music back.
Shelby Lynne

English people have seen me get through scandals.
George Michael

The most important influence in my childhood was my father.
DeForest Kelley

It used to be you wanted to marry up.
Victoria Principal

As a model you need to be able to do the craziest things.
Heidi Klum

I am the only girl in the family so everyone pampered me.
Blanka Vlasic

I prefer being penetrated by iron to seeing Palestine is loose.
Theodor Herzl

Gemeoss

Years ago nobody was elected on the economic ticket. It was either the education platform,

or it was health or it was other issues. It is only recently that economic values have superceded every other human value. Anita Roddick The physical fabric of the world had to be such as to enable that ten billion year preliminary evolution to produce the raw materials of life. Without it there would not have been the chemical materials to allow life to evolve here on earth. John Polkinghorne I respect the Hall of Fame, and if they think that I'm worthy enough, I would be very honored. And if they don't, I gave it all that I had to this game. Rafael Palmeiro I'm pleased the administration is endorsing the need for legislation dealing with the chemical sector. In the past, the administration's position has been ambiguous. Susan Collins When I was 12 years old, I was hanging out with 23-year-olds. I was into cartoons and Pokemon, and they're all talking about girls. It was a strange way to grow up. Shaun White I read everything. I've always got a b

If I can avoid looking at myself, I will. I don't care to examine myself

or see much of what I do. I never care how I look. Scott Bakula I was 17 when I released my first record. I didn't really figure out what I wanted to say, how to get a message and put it together. Sydney Wayser I've always liked simple. Growing up, I wore corduroys and Lacoste shirts, Maraolo flats, and maybe one gold bracelet. Aerin Lauder I started off with violin, then I started learning guitar, then I went to piano. But I self-taught piano just because I enjoyed it. I've always really enjoyed music. Jesse Spencer Stand up and pledge with me: A government of the United States is not on the auction block. And America is not for sale! Tom Selleck Religion is a very personal thing for me. Religion has its good moments and its poor moments. Elie Wiesel Sweet, delicious Dungeness crab is always a treat. Tom Douglas I'm feeling around for what happens in a post-'Peep Show' world. Robert Webb I'd refer to myself as a feminist. I don't

The higher mental development of woman, the less possible it is for her to meet

a congenial male who will see in her, not only sex, but also the human being, the friend, the comrade and strong individuality, who cannot and ought not lose a single trait of her character. Emma Goldman We had every kind of audience you could name. Young, old, not-so-old, some older than old, some younger than young: they were there, they were there! There was everything. John Hunter Music is something that always lifts my spirits and makes me happy, and when I make music I always hope it will have the same effect on whoever listens to it. Aaron Carter God is not disillusioned with us. He never had any illusions to begin with. Luis Palau Genre is a bookstore problem, not a literary problem. Rick Moody We are the recorders and reporters of facts - not the judges of the behaviors we describe. Alfred Kinsey Power has only one duty - to secure the social welfare of the People. Benjamin Disraeli

One of the worst things about being an actor, besides people being nice to you

and getting free stuff all the time - but really, one of the worst things is not knowing what's coming next. You could shoot a pilot, and they could have you on hold for six months waiting to find out what is going to happen with the show, and you're locked into it. Nick Kroll What, I sometimes wonder, would it be like if I lived in a country where winter is a matter of a few chilly days and a few weeks' rain; where the sun is never far away, and the flowers bloom all year long? Anna Neagle Of course there have been times I regretted being the kid in 'E.T.' My world went completely crazy. I was that stupid kind of famous, where you can't go anywhere. Henry Thomas A lot of the stuff I have done had been not only the likable guy, but like the nice likable guy. Ron Livingston It doesn't have to be a problem for children to be fat, but it does affect you: you aren't as happy in that skin. Harry Melling They always want me to play myself and th

I pondered all these things, and how men fight and lose the battle, and the

thing that they fought for comes about in spite of their defeat, and when it comes turns out not to be what they meant, and other men have to fight for what they meant under another name. William Morris So, fall asleep love, loved by me... for I know love, I am loved by thee. Robert Browning As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. Ben Hogan And soon, too soon, we part with pain, To sail o'er silent seas again. Thomas Moore The first step, my son, which one makes in the world, is the one on which depends the rest of our days. Voltaire Soap and water and common sense are the best disinfectants. William Osler There are no insuperable constitutional difficulties. Lionel Murphy

I've become wary of interviews in which you're forced to go back over the reasons

why you made certain decisions. You tend to rationalize what you've done, to intellectually review a process that is often intuitive. Peter Weir With this first novel, I am just above the foothills, but I see the path to the top, and it is my desire to write compelling stories about everything that I find of interest. Guy Johnson Even though the vast majority of my work was outside television, the amount of creation and inventing that went into the TV shows was non stop and, unknown to me, a great strain. Paul Daniels Black women, whose experience is unique, are seldom recognized as a particular social-cultural entity and are seldom thought to be important enough for serious scholarly consideration. Barbara Smith I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it. Michael Phelps Either you write songs or you don't. And if you do write songs like I do, I think there

When you're editor-in-chief of a big magazine, you cannot be a cover girl for MAC;

you cannot be the face of Givenchy - of course you can't; it's doesn't go with the job. Carine Roitfeld When I was 10, I was hit by a car, which turned my right tibia into a jigsaw puzzle. John Scalzi Black people have, like, this thing, and I have it, we all have it, we have this kind of embarrassment. Where we don't like white people to find out our little insecurities and out little quirks. We don't really like that that much. It's kind of, we're like, 'Don't let them know - that ours; that's for us.' Michael Che Where destruction is the motive, unity is dangerous. Ravi Zacharias My beloved dog defied treatment from the best and most expensive veterinarians, holistic practitioners, trainers, and animal communicators. He was simply beyond my ability to repair or control. Jon Katz When I got sober, that was 1990. Rob Lowe I basically apply with my teams the lean startup principles I used in the private sector - go into Sili

I was always under the impression that acting is an innate gift. One of the

first things I heard them say at Koothu-P-Pattarai was that actors should realise the art of acting through their training. Vijay Sethupathi I remember auditioning for 'Moulin Rouge!,' the part that Ewan McGregor played. I was so young: I was literally just out of college. Tobias Menzies When you have an opportunity to do a series, you want to stick it out. You don't know when you're going to get another one like that again. Cleavant Derricks I am a really great daughter. Millie Bobby Brown Let us fight until the end. Let me try at least that - fight. Pep Guardiola You can have an idea that everyone else thinks is dumb, and it's still a good idea. Ryan North When there is a ring on my finger, which is actually given to me, then I'll tell the world. Till then, no one can claim me. Priyanka Chopra You need not fear my extinction. Fear my proliferation! I've already reproduced! Lydia Millet We are at a point in our nation's history w

My uncle inspired me, and it was because of him that I become a wrestler,

but besides him, the one Superstar that really caught my attention growing up as a kid was 'Macho Man' Randy Savage.Rey Mysterio It's clear that Planned Parenthood went out of its way to paint me as some sort of a zealot - a Trojan-horse zealot who came into Komen and within 10 to 11 months had completely turned the place upside down. That's clearly not who I am, and it's not what happened.Karen Handel Once you become president, you don't even have to stop for red lights. And if it looks like traffic's too bad, you just take a helicopter.H. W. Brands From Julia Child to 'The Galloping Gourmet' and the Food Channel and Cooking Channel, our fascination with the spectacle of cooking has been a mainstay of TV entertainment.Chuck Norris I want to love. I want to enjoy life.David Cassidy The mistake we made in the 1990s was overestimating the potential of NAFTA's positive impact.William M. Daley I was set to confront the might of the

I think you have to take each movie for its own value. There will be

those you'll roll your eyes over and others you can't wait to see. It all has to do with the intention. If someone's intention is just to make money and exploit something for profit, then it's not good. If it's thoughtfully done, the proof's in the pudding.Carrie-Anne Moss I basically applied to law school as a way of telling my parents that I wasn't going to medical school.John Delaney At a certain point, if you still have your marbles and are not faced with serious financial challenges, you have a chance to put your house in order. It's a cliche, but it's underestimated as an analgesic on all levels. Putting your house in order, if you can do it, is one of the most comforting activities, and the benefits of it are incalculable.Leonard Cohen I simply love coming to Chennai. My wife always complains, saying, 'You literally run at the mention of Chennai - I wonder what it is about that place!' I love how everyone is active here 24/7.